oh dear

inflation almost 50% less under Labour

March 2024 under Tories inflation 3.2%
Aug 2024 under Labour inflation 2.2%

oh dear

inflation almost 50% less under Labour

March 2024 under Tories inflation 3.2%
Aug 2024 under Labour inflation 2.2%
It had been on its way down until Sir Kier took the helm. Now, not even two full months in power, it looks like it’s on its way back up.

It had been on its way down until Sir Kier took the helm. Now, not even two full months in power, it looks like it’s on its way back up.
"An increase was widely predicted and is largely due to prices of gas and electricity falling by less than they did a year before"

Sponsored Links
Well done Sir Keir:

The annual rate of food inflation of 1.5% in July 2024 compares with 14.9% in July 2023. These figures also represent the first time since March 2023 that the annual rate has not eased, having seen 15 consecutive months of slowing prices before then

entirely due to Labours fantastic management of the economy

"An increase was widely predicted and is largely due to prices of gas and electricity falling by less than they did a year before"
Ah, so the rises during the war in Ukraine when energy, grain numerous other goods prices went through the roof were nothing to do with the Conservative Party, just market forces. Glad we cleared that up.

Ah, so the rises during the war in Ukraine when energy, grain numerous other goods prices went through the roof were nothing to do with the Conservative Party, just market forces. Glad we cleared that up.
thats very odd

here you are claiming the inflation rate rises were nothing to do with the Conservatives.....yet when they dropped you were on here claiming it was due to the Conservatives

make yer mind up

It will keep going up further and then it will fall a bit when unemployment rises.

thats very odd

here you are claiming the inflation rate rises were nothing to do with the Conservatives.....yet when they dropped you were on here claiming it was due to the Conservatives

make yer mind up
So, the opposite of you then. Glad you’ve realised.

So you are saying when the price of gas and electricity falls, inflation rises?

So you are saying when the price of gas and electricity falls, inflation rises?

That's what the ONS says. I'm sure I could understand it if I really tried. But things like this make my brain hurt!

“Inflation ticked up a little in July as although domestic energy costs fell, they fell by less than a year ago. This was partially offset by hotel costs, which fell in July after strong growth in June, said Grant Fitzner, the ONS’s chief economist.

The fall in some prices was not as pronounced as it was 12 months previously and was not enough to offset the rise in other prices.

Looking at a normal shopping basket now compared to 12 months ago and it's much better

Still gone up, but not as much as it has done

Sponsored Links
Back