What are you watching on TV right now?

Qatar Gran Prix F1. Hamilton just took Russell out on the first corner! Whoops!

Sponsored Links
Countryfile earlier - "Best weather forecast of the week" - and, glad to report, sunny Staffs will bask in it for a few more days (y)

Sponsored Links
Beverly Hills Cop III - Not seen it before. The scene on the ride, the disaster simulation - where the white fuel tanker crashes down, into the underground, and the massive flood of water, I seem to remember having seen that before? Is there a real commercial ride, where that comes from, apart from it being a scene in the film please?

Beverly Hills Cop III - Not seen it before. The scene on the ride, the disaster simulation - where the white fuel tanker crashes down, into the underground, and the massive flood of water, I seem to remember having seen that before? Is there a real commercial ride, where that comes from, apart from it being a scene in the film please?
I’ve been on a ride like that probably 30 years ago with the kids when they were young and we went to Universal Studios in Florida. This one:

The Power of Art was repeated last night on BBC4 and Simon Scharma's dissertation hasn't lost it's power after all these years since it was first aired. I like how he entwines the artists history of the times in which he lived to bring context to the work. Carravanaggio certainly didn't live up to the stereotype. Crazy guy.

The Power of Art was repeated last night on BBC4 and Simon Scharma's dissertation hasn't lost it's power after all these years since it was first aired. I like how he entwines the artists history of the times in which he lived to bring context to the work. Carravanaggio certainly didn't live up to the stereotype. Crazy guy.
That’s sounds far too intelligent for me. I’d do better watching University challenge - I understand at least one of the questions. Sometimes….

That’s sounds far too intelligent for me. I’d do better watching University challenge - I understand at least one of the questions. Sometimes….
It's not that intellectual, though Scharma does manage to sound too pompous when he gets into his stride, but he does weave a fine narrative around a work of art that would just be a picture without context - I prefer Waldemar J. by far: the kind of bloke you could sit and have a drink with while he explains why the bristles from a pig changed art in the late 19th century. Walks like a builder on his way to work; talks like the cool art teacher who listened to Elvis Costello.
It's always a small joy to get a question before the nerds on UC. :cool: I don't like the new set at all - it looks too much like a dentists waiting room and the new guy a receptionist behind his huge desk with a monitor.

The past week, I've watched 'The Reckoning' on BBC, a sort of docu drama about Jimmy Saville, his life, and some of his crimes. JS, played by Steve Coogan. Which he did so, absolutely brilliantly. I met JS a few times, and he always seemed to me such a very, very creepy character - the creepiness, came across perfectly, as portrayed in the series, by SC.

The past week, I've watched 'The Reckoning' on BBC, a sort of docu drama about Jimmy Saville, his life, and some of his crimes. JS, played by Steve Coogan. Which he did so, absolutely brilliantly. I met JS a few times, and he always seemed to me such a very, very creepy character - the creepiness, came across perfectly, as portrayed in the series, by SC.

WalterPresents

Off grid.

Italian Drama. I'm on last two episodes. I can't put it down, well worth watching.

WalterPresents

Off grid.

Italian Drama. I'm on last two episodes. I can't put it down, well worth watching.
Just had a search for it. Looks good, will have to give it a go. If you liked that, you might like Ozark.

Just had a search for it. Looks good, will have to give it a go. If you liked that, you might like Ozark.

It did have resmblments to Ozark, in the way it turned a family.

Less gory but same sort of isolation and change of life.

Sat up last night and binged it. What I liked about the ending was that you got answers. Not like British or American drama where they leave you guessing

Sponsored Links
Back