What are you watching on TV right now?

I don't think his age has anything to do with; he's still a machine.

What will make the difference, IMHO, is the attitude of the competition.

Alcaraz now knows that he can get into Novak's head.
And Novak knows that Carlos knows this too.

If / when the likes of Stefanos, Daniil, Holger and Casper gain the confidence to beat Novak (rather than go into the games already defeated), his time will then be done.
IMHO.
Fair enough.
But age can creep up slowly or catch you out quickly. In 2021, Ronaldo was in fair form for United but by the time it came to the World Cup in December his legs were gone. Djokovic is 36 and for him to become Wimbledon champion at the age of 40 is plainly madness - but if anyone can do it, it's himself.

Sponsored Links
If / when the likes of Stefanos, Daniil, Holger and Casper gain the confidence to beat Novak (rather than go into the games already defeated), his time will then be done.
IMHO.
This. There are some great younger players who always seemed to crumble against Novak. They were perhaps beaten before they even started because of who he is and what he has done.

This. There are some great younger players who always seemed to crumble against Novak. They were perhaps beaten before they even started because of who he is and what he has done.
Or, he's just better than them.
Alcaraz has the look of a man who 'll be picking up titles for a few more years to come.

A bit like Tyson once the myth was broken.

Sponsored Links
No doubt some of that, just thought some would have gotten a bit closer in recent years. Instead, most just crumbled.
Perhaps one or two might fancy their chances after this but the old warrior isn't going away quietly.
He'll be back.:cool:

Perhaps one or two might fancy their chances after this but the old warrior isn't going away quietly.
He'll be back.:cool:
He's too good to simply fade away but the inevitable gets closer with each passing tournament.

First 5 minutes of the wimmins football World Cup. That’s enough for me for now.

Just caught the last 10 minutes of 'Surgeons: A matter of life and death' on C5. Oh. My. God! :eek:

Nowt, late last night - I wanted to be up this morning, I wanted to be up in reasonable time this morning, to be able to get all the loose stuff left, and rain damageable stuff out in the garden, made safe. We worked late yesterday evening, doing the last of the fixings on the far side, of my summerhouse's new roof.

It's all done now, just the L shaped cap pieces to fit, and TEK down, along the apex. Not easy, working on a very slippy roof, at a steep angle. I was having to use a ladder, laid on top, with the top end lashed by rope, down the far side. Every few TEK bolts, ladder and rope lashing has to be repositioned.

Nowt, late last night - I wanted to be up this morning, I wanted to be up in reasonable time this morning, to be able to get all the loose stuff left, and rain damageable stuff out in the garden, made safe. We worked late yesterday evening, doing the last of the fixings on the far side, of my summerhouse's new roof.

It's all done now, just the L shaped cap pieces to fit, and TEK down, along the apex. Not easy, working on a very slippy roof, at a steep angle. I was having to use a ladder, laid on top, with the top end lashed by rope, down the far side. Every few TEK bolts, ladder and rope lashing has to be repositioned.
Bit of a pointless post in the 'what are you watching on TV' thread Harry. That’s more of a 'what have you been doing today' type of post.

All week i'd looked forward to last night's performance of Beethoven's Fifth but it was irritating to have three women cackling trivia before the start and the weirdo wanging off about the role it played during WWII as though on audition for Horrible Histories. The performance was slightly disappointing: no 'oomph' in the percussion and shrill strings took away the power from those famous opening notes. They could've found a few more fiddlers to fill in the gaps, too, and the orchestra was struggling to fill the Hall with sound, coming across as tinny at times. They did their best but it sounded nothing like the Berlin Phil', so i've put that on this morning to remind me what it's meant to be.

Sponsored Links
Back