What have you been doing today?

I remember in the 1970s my grandma putting the turkey in the night before at gas mark 1/4. Are they bred more tender these days?

But they were enormous ones to feed almost 30 people.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
With the MIL and our daughter and her husband staying over last night, I got in extra supplies for a Mottie Boxing Day full English fry up. No takers! Mrs Mottie won’t touch a fry up, the MIL didn’t want one either and neither did our daughter and her husband. It’s a breakfast that’s going/gone out of fashion.They all opted for croissants and smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels. To tell the truth, I was still full up from yesterday’s binge but I pushed on anyway and had one. Loads of stuff left and I don’t fancy trying to eat it all before it goes out of date so I’ve made up some mottie mini meat breakfasts parcels and frozen them.

IMG_5878.jpeg

Our daughter, as usual, brought over a selection of cheeses from her local cheese shop but we couldn’t chance netting it out while our son, his wife and our grandson were here as he has a very severe dairy allergy so as soon as they went, we were straight up the table tucking into cheese like a bunch of savages. Still have a ton of that cheese left as well as the cheese I bought.

Last edited:
Visiting MIL, managed to feed her some trifle and a shot of Advocaat, I fear the end is near

We all went for a boxing day swim followed by coffe, honey rum and mince pies, bit cold in the sea though!

Not today but Christmas Day. Our grandson has been obsessed with a game he'd seen called 'Pie face' whereby losing players get splatted with a cream pie. Obviously because he has a severe dairy allergy, he could never play that game. This year though, I bought some squirty non-dairy cream so Mrs Mottie bought the game. Of course, when he got it, he wasn’t interested in actually playing the game and taking his turn, just pieing his dad and grandad. We humoured him. He's scratched that itch so it's going to the charity shop later this week!

Working my way through an apple, cutting the last slice off with a knife on a plate, the larger part skidded off and onto the floor. The dog loves nice sweet apples, and flew in to grab it...

1703855506468.jpeg

On the shoot today. One bloke has brought his African hawk eagle along. I hope it doesn’t get mistaken for a pheasant!
IMG_0635.jpeg
IMG_0636.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back