What have you been doing today?

Decorating.

Yawn.

Hate it.

But it's cheaper than getting a deccie in.

One of the rooms is our lounge. We paid £1200 in 1999 or 2000 to have it decorated with lining paper and wallpaper and the ceiling papered, with emulsion on the ceiling and all woodwork painted.

God knows what it would be today.
£300. Since then, we've been flooded with people from other countries who work for peanuts, didn’t you know?

Sponsored Links
Just been to the local Sainsbury's. Usual for me fast charge around - well tried to except for the all elders standing in the aisles discussing whatever... I carried on muttering under my breath about 'old foggies ' blocking the aisles - then I realised I'm one as I nominally retired some 10 years ago! Um Ho!:giggle::giggle:

Last edited:
Back from Morocco yesterday.

Changed front pads and discs on my car today. Frustrated by a caliper carrier bolt that seemed to have just lost its thread and would only spin and not come out. Ended up grinding it off. Thankfully Suzuki nearby in Southport had replacement carrier bolts in stock…seems to be a very specific bolt they used.

All sorted now.

Sponsored Links
A game of golf. Didn’t do as bad as I thought I would considering I haven’t hit a ball for at least 3 or 4 years. At one point I was in front! Going again next week.

A game of golf. Didn’t do as bad as I thought I would considering I haven’t hit a ball for at least 3 or 4 years. At one point I was in front! Going again next week.

I find one of the most challenging aspects of the game is getting the ball up that very thin ramp into the top of the windmill. ;)

It's good fun, I played every weekend for about 10 years but fell by the wayside when we bought a yacht and spent weekends and holidays sailing.
Now we no longer sail I toyed with the idea of going back to it but not sure the knee joints could take it.

I’m on a working party for a canal restoration team

Thought I read a while back that British Waterways are having much of their funding cut which seems a shame as there will be even less maintenance carried out. My interest in canals has been recently rekindled after staying near Hemel and exploring a few canal side walks and pubs of course. Fascinating that at the time of the industrial revolution the Grand Union was the main route for cargo between London and Birmingham.

Sponsored Links
Back