What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
A bloke sells up everything and travels around on a ……narrowboat!

I'm sure it's what you meant, but that was 'Canal Boat Diaries', Robbie Cummins. Interesting series too. No doubt he made a bit of money, from the series, but it seemed he was struggling for cash, and after the series - then what to live on. He seemed to do all the filming himself, and probably the drone used for filming too..

I'm sure it's what you meant, but that was 'Canal Boat Diaries', Robbie Cummins. Interesting series too. No doubt he made a bit of money, from the series, but it seemed he was struggling for cash, and after the series - then what to live on. He seemed to do all the filming himself, and probably the drone used for filming too..
No. Travels by narrowboat. Series 1-6 was on prime. The rest are on youtube.

IMG_6733.jpeg

There’s also 'Britain by narrowboat'. Two blokes. Plus another one by Timothy West and Prunella Scales - great canal journeys. Probably others too.

Sponsored Links
Early morning swim - got there just as it was opening. Only person in the pool when it opened, only person in the changing rooms but when I closed the door to the cubicle there was a pair of knickers hanging on the coat hook! How does someone go home from the swimming pool and forget to put their knickers on?

Open day at our local windmill so went up for a look around.

Went inside and up to the top. There were gears and belts wizzing about all over the place.

We could just make out our house out of one of the windows.

Very interesting though, what with all the mechanics of it. They are going to be making their own flour soon.

Last edited:
Just been to the local Sainsbury's. Usual for me fast charge around - well tried to except for the all elders standing in the aisles discussing whatever... I carried on muttering under my breath about 'old foggies ' blocking the aisles - then I realised I'm one as I nominally retired some 10 years ago! Um Ho!:giggle::giggle:

Just as bad, are the 18 to 25's going round in groups, voting between them, which bag of sweeties to buy. Obviously poor students, and first time ever in a store. I'd have been in and out, it ten minutes, buying my list of five items, had it not been for these three blocking an entire isle with their difficult financial decision. :eek:

Just arrived back home, after two weeks absence. I always have in the back of my mind, what if something had happened whilst away - burst pipe, break-in, or similar. We once arrived home, to find the shower had turned itself on, most of the water had made it down the drain, but some had made it to the floor, the ceiling below, and the toilet below that. We were lucky, it all dried out just fine and paint tidied it up.

Arrived home, and not a thing out of place, except local cats had been in the flower beds.

The remote buttons for the car, managed to split the plastic over the buttons, on both sets of keys - so whilst away I ordered up 2x replacements for the plastic fobs part - not key, no pcb, no transponder, just the plastic clamshell case. Not OEM, but copies. Got those transferred across, and tested fine.

The fancy clock in the caravan, originally worked on a special 1.5v battery, but years ago, I botch adapted it to use instead an AA, using a bit of wire, and tape, instead of a proper battery holder. Whilst away, I ordered up a single AA battery holder. Avril seeing me faffing with the clock and the taped up battery, also ordered one too. This afternoon we had two wire-ended single AA battery holders in the letterbox. I just needed to solder that on, then make a little bracket to support the holder.

Then I got the tractor out, to cut the grass, and found one of the rear tyres, down to 5psi. Blew that up, and then called to go in for a coffee and a chocolate muffin. Right, coffee drunk - back out to crack on with cutting the grass..

Did an openwater swim this morning, then a 30min session on the wahoo smart trainer.

Knackered out, but it'll be a good excuse for the golf tomorrow ;)

Play a fun game with your missus...

Put the underwear in the passenger footwell then see how long it takes Mrs M to clock them, then get ready for serious questions!

Sponsored Links
Back