What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Busy swapping caravan, and car, from 7pin 12N and 12S electrics (older dual plugs, and cables), both over to 13pin single plug socket. I made a point of ordering a kit able to accept twin cables, but the kit was made for one thick and one thinner cable - both of my multi-core cables are thick versions - making it very difficult to fit cables, in the water-proof sleeves..

Managed to complete that yesterday, but fowled up big time...

I tested it when it was becoming dark, and got some strange results, and half lit lamps, so I abandoned it for the day. This morning, I began checking the socket and found there was no power there at all, so I began ripping the all the boot lining out, glove box, to trace the main feed, and why it lacked power.

After several hours, it finally dawned on me, I had fitted an ignition powered relay in the main feed, to avoid the fridge/secondary battery, voltage controlled switch, discharging the car battery. It uses a fancy BMW system, to check confirm the trailer lighting, is all working.

Having got the power on, it was still not right, I had wired the plug following the connection diagram, but the diagram viewed the pins from the pin side, rather than the terminal side. Once corrected, everything worked just fine..

Sponsored Links
We're going away tomorrow so I’ve been given a list of tasks to do while Mrs Mottie is at work. Hang one lot of washing out, put another load in, do some ironing, get some last minute bits from the shop, get the cases out of the loft etc etc. She dashes off to work as she has things to do before she finishes this afternoon only to come flying back through the front door ten minutes later. “What have you forgotten now" I ask. "I forgot to kiss Susie goodbye" she says. Susie was on the sofa next to me and didn’t even lift her head for a kiss - Mrs Mottie had to go down to her. Mind you, when I let Susie jump in our friends car after this mornings walk (she is staying with her while we are away) she was too interested in getting a gravy bone from her to even say goodbye to me. Ungrateful swine! :mrgreen:

IMG_2300.jpeg

Waiting in for a consultation call from my kidney consultant - no change, no better, no worse numbers than last time. Then Avril got the bright idea, that we could make better wet weather use of the summer house veranda area, as a sheltered place for drying washing, so we made a start on fixing washing lines in there. It's a vaulted ceiling, so plenty of height.

Up at 4.00 for a 7.20 flight to Crete. I’m a bit tired. Little snooze before dinner I think.

Getting stuck in Traffic jams (M3/A34/A41). Nearly 6 hours to do what is a normally a comfortable 3 hour journey.

Had a guest join me for dinner tonight.

IMG_2362.jpeg

I gave her a bit of my fish and she nearly took my hand off - I definitely felt teeth. Sharp teeth! There was some sauce on the fish and it smeared onto my fingers so I licked it off. Mrs Mottie went potty - telling me how I very probably now had rabies. Apparently all foreign cats and dogs have it. lol. It wasn’t a wild cat - had a collar so somebody’s pet. Anyway, the cat made me her new best friend and wouldn’t leave me alone so I gave her some of Mrs Motties chicken too. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2371.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back