What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Given that mrs mottie's having her eyes tested, what's the betting she tries to get into the wrong one.
The NHS have an ophthalmic unit in an ASDA store. I had to drive to the door and pick her up when she came out as she couldn’t see. A family member had glaucoma so she is tested every 6-9 months and it involves putting some drops in her eyes to enlarge her pupils. She has to wear dark glasses straight afterwards and can barely open her eyes for a couple of hours.

Sponsored Links
I had to drive to the door and pick her up as she couldn’t see. A family member had glaucoma so she is tested every 6-9 months and it involves putting some drops in her eyes to enlarge her pupils. She has to wear dark glasses straight afterwards and can barely open her eyes for a couple of hours.

Mrs fillys got that. Had an op and has regular appointments,.

Fed 'Grandads girls' as our grandson calls them. Every night about 6.00, I’m visited by some pigeons and a Robin which I feed. Started off with one and now I’m up to 8. Word must get around!

Been getting my moneys worth out of a drop of descaling fluid. My coffee pod machine had locked me out this morning for failing to carry out a descale. (I think it lets you get 10 cups once the warning starts flashing). I descaled it but I used the used descale fluid to descale the kettle, then used it to descale the chrome plug in the downstairs loo basin, then it went into the macerator. No waste in the Mottie household! ;)

Just been and harvested this weeks veggies from the plot of Mott.
Beetroot
Butternut squash
Curly Kale
Several varieties of tomato
Courgette
Peppers
Leeks
And one apple.

IMG_2546.jpeg

After the 'update' on my WiFi enabled combination oven went wonky on me by putting itself into demo mode, I’ve been unable to use it. I tried to cancel it how it says in the manual - no joy. I tried how it says on the Neff helpline - no joy, I tried several methods I found on the internet - no joy. I just couldn’t get the 'demo mode' option up to turn it off. I phoned up Neff and they told me to do the same as the manual says. While I was trying this, I mentioned that I couldn’t get to the demo mode programme. The smug git said "that’s because there isn’t one on that model". Just as he said that, and bearing in mind I'd tried the same thing six times at least, up popped the 'Demo mode' option! I cancelled the demo mode and it’s all good now. Ended the call with him thanking me. :LOL:
In the process of updating the software of the two ovens. Again. Hadto phone the technical help line. They needed the model and serial numbers of my ovens, my name, address, postcode, home and mobile numbers as well as email address before they could 'help' me. What a faff.

Edit: All gone through without a hitch this time. How a software update is going to affect an oven is beyond me though. It’s either on or off, isn’t it?

IMG_6841.png

Edit: All gone through without a hitch this time. How a software update is going to affect an oven is beyond me though. It’s either on or off, isn’t it?
The new upgrade seems to have set up an alert on my phone and iPad for just about everything that happens on my ovens and hob now!

IMG_6843.jpeg

My 8Kw Chinese diesel heater was delivered at lunchtime, so I have been playing with that. Harry is not easily impressed, but he is quite impressed with this, for £67. It has the controller, I was hoping it would have, the most popular one, which is the most versatile. It lit up at the first attempt, and put out a tremendous amount of heat. Air, exhaust and combustion pipes rather too short, and missing a fuel filter, but I intended to source longer ones anyway.

Updating my iPhone and iPad to IOS 18. It's taking aaaaaaaaaages! Think I’ll go and have a bath while it’s doing whatever it’s doing.

Last edited:
Over the last couple of minutes, watching seven F-35s - two pairs, and three solo - cruise overhead.

Most I've ever seen before is three.

What's occurring?

Sponsored Links
Back