What have you been doing today?

Ran the old Golf up to the workshop today to service it and get it ready for testing tomorrow. Had to replace the offside anti-roll bar link. What a fùckabout! I just could not get the nuts undone. Siezed on the threads, top and bottom, and there was no flat to get a spanner on to stop the whole thread turning. Way too tight to hold with an Allen key in the end of the thread and I was getting those nuts red hot! I had to cut the link in half and snap the joint ends to expose the ball. I could then get some mole grips on the ball to hold the thread while I removed the red hot nut. The car is a lot quieter to drive now with that annoying tap, tap, tap gone. I then gave the cataract looking headlamps a good T cutting and they came up like new. Should be a lot brighter down the lanes now. Only thing that I can see that it should be failed on is a couple of chunks out of the rear seat belt where I’ve slammed the seat back up and caught it in the catch. I never have anyone sitting in the rear anyway, it’s just our dog carrying car. I could take the rear seat out which will prevent them testing and failing the belt (you can only test a belt if it has a seat assigned to it) but I have a cunning plan. ;) Taking it for test tomorrow and I’m prepared for an argument. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Fit a child seat to the offending belt?
Correct. ;) :ROFLMAO: (y)

IMG_2734.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Was woken up ay ten past five this morning by the dog scratching on the kitchen door to go out for a pìss. As I was up, I thought I’d go down the sports centre as I haven’t been for nearly six weeks due to a shoulder injury, ear infection, holiday and then covid. Had a brisk walk on the treadmill - I chose the coast of Crete to walk along - had it set at 6kph with a gradient of 6.5 and did 1 k on that and got my heart rate up to 128bpm. Cooled down and then went for a swim. I was swimming for less than 10 minutes before my shoulder started playing up again so I called it a day before I did more damage. I’m going have to build up slowly again. Definitely something ‘crunching/thumping' in there. Mrs Mottie says go to the doctor but I can’t see what he'd do other than prescribe painkillers which I don’t want.

Yesterday rather than today, but I was invited with a group of others to display my car as part of an event to publicise Bluebird which was put on display for the morning at Samlesbury Hall near Preston.

Very interesting to get up close (and be allowed to touch) such a famous craft. Not sure how much of the original is left after they fished it out of Coniston Water, I could only see the strips down the side as looking original on the outside.

I was going to post up a few photos of Bluebird but all the ones I've taken are too large to upload, and I can't be bothered with the faff of resizing them.

So you get one pic from before the public were let in when I parked up next to it :)

4c22f6b5-8ce5-4045-9dd5-cffccc2e62d1.JPG

I could take the rear seat out which will prevent them testing and failing the belt (you can only test a belt if it has a seat assigned to it) but I have a cunning plan. ;) Taking it for test tomorrow and I’m prepared for an argument. :mrgreen:

Fit a child seat to the offending belt?

The bloke was as good as gold. No arguments. He knew the rules and applied them accordingly. (y) I didn’t notice the bushes that he advised on but then again, he has a ramp with those air rocker plates that can load and test the suspension with the car on its wheels. I might put a couple of wishbones on it at a later date.

IMG_6912.jpeg

Last edited:
I made some proper soup today. Butternut squash, potato, carrots, onions, vegetable stock and coriander. I roasted the squash, boiled the potatoes and carrots, fried the onions. Chucked that lot into the blender with the coriander and stock, whizzed it up and had a lovely lunch waiting for Mrs Mottie when she got home from work. Made enough for six servings so froze 4 of them.

Just been up and had my covid and flu jabs. One in each arm and as I was wearing my big boy pants, I didn’t even cry. So there.

Last edited:
I made some proper soup today. Butternut squash, potato, carrots, onions, vegetable stock and coriander. I roasted the squash, boiled the potatoes and carrots, fried the onions. Chucked that lot into the blender with the coriander and stock, whizzed it up and had a lovely lunch waiting for Mrs Mottie when she got home from work. Made enough for six servings so froze 4 of them.

Just been up and had my covid and flu jabs. One in each arm and as I was wearing my big boy pants, I didn’t even cry. So there.

Did you get a sweetie and stick paper badge?

Just been up and had my covid and flu jabs. One in each arm…
Bloody feeling it today. Aching all over, even my scalp hurts. Just got in from a short dog walk. I can hear the sofa and TV calling……..

Been lifting matresses, why are they so difficult ? some with no hand grips, some with them on the sides, none at the ends where you need them, up 39 garden steps and another 15 in doors, knackered now.

Been lifting matresses, why are they so difficult ? some with no hand grips, some with them on the sides, none at the ends where you need them, up 39 garden steps and another 15 in doors, knackered now.

Add your own handles - a big loop of rope.

Sponsored Links
Back