What have you bought today?

Got 10 or so doors to hang so this came today to lend a hand.

Attachments

• IMG_20240704_134558884.jpg
    IMG_20240704_134558884.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
The New Forest is fantastic. I may have banged on about this a few times in the past....

Blink doorbell and camera. Special Amazon deal. £55

We got a 'ring' doorbell last year, Mrs wanted one. I thought it was for talking to the Amazon drivers. Anyway a week after I fitted it I got home early one day, about 3ish, had a nice nap, watched 'The Chase', she gets home at the usual just after 6. Hi she said, hard day?, yeah pretty tough. What time did you get home?, about 15 minutes ago, that's strange, I got an alert on my watch and it showed a picture of your van on the drive at 3 O'clock. o_O
And she saved the video of me arriving home after an afternoon with the boys and spending ten minutes trying to unlock the door with the wrong keys.
Not keen on this tech.

Sponsored Links
We got a 'ring' doorbell last year, Mrs wanted one. I thought it was for talking to the Amazon drivers. Anyway a week after I fitted it I got home early one day, about 3ish, had a nice nap, watched 'The Chase', she gets home at the usual just after 6. Hi she said, hard day?, yeah pretty tough. What time did you get home?, about 15 minutes ago, that's strange, I got an alert on my watch and it showed a picture of your van on the drive at 3 O'clock. o_O
And she saved the video of me arriving home after an afternoon with the boys and spending ten minutes trying to unlock the door with the wrong keys.
Not keen on this tech.
Had ours years but the screen is getting foggy plus when this years subscription ends, it’ll be £50 a year. I’m not paying that. Don’t really need it but if I did, I can get a hard drive for the new one.

Blink doorbell and camera. Special Amazon deal. £55
Possibly £55 wasted! Bought it because the ring doorbell had a misted lens giving a poor picture plus I deleted the app and then when I reinstalled it, couldn’t link it to my phone anymore. Also, the subscription is going up 100% to £50 this year. Blink camera arrived today. Couldn’t install that to my phone either, when I Googled it, it was because the VPN was on (been staying in a hotel this weekend) so always use the vpn on phone and iPad in public places. Of course, when I turned the VPN off, I could then reinstall the Ring doorbell too. Oh, and the fogged lens - just a bit of toothpaste on a makeup remover pad cured that. The ring has more features than the blink. I might put the ring back up and foist the Blink onto my mum. I wasn’t going to have a subscription with the Blink anyway - I don’t really need recordings as I have CCTV for that so I can just do away with the subscription with the Ring too.

Last edited:
It's the same as the issue with car headlights - UV degradation.
Yeah, I realised that. I have one headlamp like that on our Golf. Why not two I don’t know. Actually, I think I do now - it’s the offside headlamp and the nearside doesn’t really get the sun. The camera is south facing so it gets sun most of the day.

Yeah, I realised that. I have one headlamp like that on our Golf. Why not two I don’t know. Actually, I think I do now - it’s the offside headlamp and the nearside doesn’t really get the sun. The camera is south facing so it gets sun most of the day.

I ended up, polishing my headlights up, and spraying them with clear cote lacquer from an aerosol - the same as the final, clear coating they put on car paintwork. That was a few years ago, and so far - absolutely no degradation at all.

Picked up some bits & pieces at the wholesaler this morning & was presented with a bacon bun & 12 bottles of Stella , promotion celebrating Englands appearance in the semis

We looked at a secondhand Ercol table and chairs on the way home from Hampshire on Monday that we saw advertised for £1,400 plus £95 delivery. After a bit of negotiation, the seller has just accepted my offer of £1,000 delivered. Should look good in our new kitchen. :giggle:

A new vegetable steamer for the induction hob. The old one wouldn’t work on induction so we've been boiling our veg but it really does boil all the flavour out of them though. You can definitely taste the difference.

Our garden incinerator/washer drum rusted away since I acquired it. It turned out to be galv., so for a while I've been seeking a stainless steel replacement. Yesterday, I spotted one on facebook, for a tenner, and located at a village not far from here, so I agreed to buy it, collected it, fixed three legs to it, and tested it last night.

A vibrating/buzzing remote control collar for our dog. Being nearly deaf, she has to be in sight when we let her off-lead on our walks or she goes for a swim. No problem when she can see us - all our dogs are trained to come back when we hold our arms out in the shape of a 'T' - but I'm going to use it to train her to look at me or come and find me when I press the buzzer. That’s the theory, I’ll let you know how that goes…….

Sponsored Links
Back