What have you bought today?

Sponsored Links
I went to Aldi for some supplies and came out with two Olympic games T shirts, which were reduced to £2, bargain!

Fed up with using portable fans in the bedroom, for the too warm, recent summer nights, I ordered a fancy ceiling light and fan. Remote control, plus bluetooth control, dimmable LED, variable speed, and sleep timer.

Fed up with using portable fans in the bedroom, for the too warm, recent summer nights, I ordered a fancy ceiling light and fan. Remote control, plus bluetooth control, dimmable LED, variable speed, and sleep timer.

Ceiling fans are fantastic. You get a lovely constant breeze even on the lowest setting. I don't know why more people don't use them.

Sponsored Links
Ceiling fans are fantastic. You get a lovely constant breeze even on the lowest setting. I don't know why more people don't use them.

It was a choice between replacing the portable fan, which I bought 20 years ago, with a new portable, or replacing it, for a similar cost, with a ceiling version. The portable one, is quite a fancy one - 4x speed, rather than the head rotating the louvres rotate, sleep timer, and remote control. It works fine, and mechanically sound - it's just that it has been dropped a few times and the case has cracked.

I'll see how this ceiling fan works out, then might buy more. I've sought out, a particularly shallow one/minimal drop from the ceiling, because I mounted the TV the far side of the centre-light, close up to the ceiling. It hangs just 140mm down from the ceiling.

The dog was restless, complaining about the heat again last night, and asked for the fan to be turned on.

Last edited:
The combined fan and light, which I ordered earlier, was cancelled by the seller. It got as far as the export hub, then the tracking said 'oversize, returning to warehouse', today a refund, and a suggestion to reorder it - so I reordered. Strange way of doing business....

Then popped to Lidl, on the trolley, fancying trying my/our first sour dough. I've never tried it before, nor had Avril, and she said she didn't really think she would like it, because of the word 'sour'. I managed to convince her to try it, if I got some. Picked up a seeded sour dough cob, and the fruity teacakes I had set off to get anyway.

Got it home, still warm, we tried one slice, then another, then a third. We both like it. We are planning a stir-fry, for later, combined with yet more slices..

Then popped to Lidl, on the trolley, fancying trying my/our first sour dough. I've never tried it before, nor had Avril, and she said she didn't really think she would like it, because of the word 'sour'. I managed to convince her to try it, if I got some. Picked up a seeded sour dough cob, and the fruity teacakes I had set off to get anyway.

Got it home, still warm, we tried one slice, then another, then a third. We both like it. We are planning a stir-fry, for later, combined with yet more slices..
Try their oat and honey loaf. I could demolish one by myself if left unchecked.

The dog was restless, complaining about the heat again last night, and asked for the fan to be turned on.
This makes me laugh!

Decades ago, I put a SOX lamp up on the rear corner of my Dad's house.

The neighbour complained that his dog had been disturbed by it and could Dad have a rethink.

I just imagined the neighbour coming down for breakfast in the morning and the dog going,

"Bloody hell, Dad, I haven't had a wink of sleep since your neighbour put up that bleeding light. Can you have a word for me?"

This makes me laugh!

Decades ago, I put a SOX lamp up on the rear corner of my Dad's house.

The neighbour complained that his dog had been disturbed by it and could Dad have a rethink.

She has become incredibly vocal over recent years - sighs, blood-curdling moans etc., added to which, are the actions, such as walking back and forth, kicking the side of the mattress, and the long stares. She doesn't speak, but her actions and noises make it clear, just what she wants from you - though if you are unsure, you just need to go down the list of words she understands, until she reacts to the right one. She understands lots of spoken words.

We had to laugh yesterday...

Utility room light, is on a PIR, for our convenience. Avril had just been in there, come back out, a few minutes later the light turned off. Dog noticed the light go off, so went in the util to investigate, triggering the light back on. The utility room/pantry, is where her treats are stored.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back