What have you bought today?

Another 5 year guarantee battery from Halfords for the Golf. :mad: 096 Yuassa 5000 series which I bought for it in 2017. In that time, it’s gone up…….well, have a look. I’m surprised. Inflation, what inflation. 4% in 7 years! I was going to bring my CTEK battery conditioner home from the workshop and put it on it but with winter coming up I didn’t want to sod about with a 7 year old battery on a car I’ll probably running into the ground by the time its ULEZ exemption expires in 2027.

IMG_6883.jpegIMG_6887.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I drive a large saloon, with a massive boot, and in the boot directly under the rear window, and full width of the boot, is the Harmon Kardon sub-speaker. Between the high boot lip, and the HK, it turns the boot space into a tiny, very awkward space, for anything of any size - yet I'm reluctant to remove an expensive sound system, because it sounds so good.

I have a tow-bar, so I've had it in mind to look out for a decent used little trailer, a galvanised all metal one, which I can store on end out of the way when not needed. I spotted an Erde 102 on The Market today, quite local, which appears to be near new condition, and enquired/arranged to take a look tomorrow.

Another Karcher portable washer. This will be my third! Lucky if I get 3 years out of them, used for washing the dogs paws and our boots after a muddy walk before getting in the car. On special offer at Halfords at the moment.

Another Karcher portable washer. This will be my third! Lucky if I get 3 years out of them, used for washing the dogs paws and our boots after a muddy walk before getting in the car. On special offer at Halfords at the moment.

How do you keep breaking them?
Mine isn't in daily use, granted, but it must be 20 years old, and the only thing I have had to replace was some white-nylon-valve-type-thingy-with-a-spring-in-it.
Type-thingy.

Sponsored Links
How do you keep breaking them?
Mine isn't in daily use, granted, but it must be 20 years old, and the only thing I have had to replace was some white-nylon-valve-type-thingy-with-a-spring-in-it.
Type-thingy.
No idea! I've had one changed under warranty too. Have they been out for 20 years - surely not? The current one just wouldn’t hold a charge or run on the 12v adaptor lead. The previous one wouldn’t switch off or auto shutdown. We don’t drain them down or put the nozzle/hose away. They just stay in the car permanently although in winter they have been known to freeze up if left in the car on a frosty night. Perhaps we should remember to bring them indoors on cold nights.

No idea! I've had one changed under warranty too. Have they been out for 20 years - surely not? The current one just wouldn’t hold a charge or run on the 12v adaptor lead. The previous one wouldn’t switch off or auto shutdown. We don’t drain them down or put the nozzle/hose away. They just stay in the car permanently although in winter they have been known to freeze up if left in the car on a frosty night. Perhaps we should remember to bring them indoors on cold nights.

Sorry, mine is 240v, but my point is that Karcher is a reputable make.

Cardboard box in the boot, to drop muddy boots in, large, squirty ex-washing up bottle, filled with warm water, takes care of dog, plus an old sheet and/or towel on the seat.

Sorry, mine is 240v, but my point is that Karcher is a reputable make.
Used every day from September to March? I have a 240v pressure washer K2 I think. Had it years no problem. I also have a K7 top o' the range one too. Had problems with that, was sent a new bluetooth lance, still no good so they picked it up and fixed it. Let me keep the lance for my trouble. Have the cordless window vac, no problem. Just seem to have no end of problems with the cordless power washer that gets used daily.

Just looked up my old records and I bought the last one in April 2021 and paid £110 for it - also on a special offer. This time, £99.99.

Sponsored Links
Back