Who uses Pagers these days anyway?

Sponsored Links
The attack seems to have been remarkably well contained to Hezbollah operatives.
You can't be sure it was just Hezbollah operatives.
A sound was emitted just before the explosion to encourage anyone near to pick it up and look at it.
Thus they were taken out of pockets, bags, etc.

A source close to Hezbollah told AFP that two of those killed were the sons of two Hezbollah MPs. They also said the daughter of a Hezbollah member was killed.

A terrorist attack every bit as bad as suicide vests, except the wearer was an unwilling, unwary carrier, taking it into their homes, exposing their children and other civilians to the dangers.

Whatever anyone's view of the tactic, one thing is sure, it will heighten the risk of all out war even further.
As I've said before, I believe this is Israel's intention, to provoke a war between Iran and USA.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
very ingenuous, even bondesque. but how horrible all at the same time. I guess no more horrible than hezbolla shelling villages in Israel, but somehow seems more sinister - I'm not sure why?

War is a horrible business

it seems to be walkie talkies that are blowing up today in the Lebonan - is any mobile device going to be safe?

wouldn't it be nice if people started to fear their beloved mobile phones - train journeys would be so much more peaceful for a start

it seems to be walkie talkies that are blowing up today in the Lebonan - is any mobile device going to be safe?

wouldn't it be nice if people started to fear their beloved mobile phones - train journeys would be so much more peaceful for a start

Goats next?

I think that might be the point. The Hezbollah terrorists struggling to communicate with each other.

This is like something out of a Mission Impossible film, only TV shows do something like this.
IMO it's amazing how they managed to do it (however that is) and to do it to the walkie talkies too.

The planning and execution of this is something we don't normally get to see outside of our TV sets.

This is like something out of a Mission Impossible film, only TV shows do something like this.
IMO it's amazing how they managed to do it (however that is) and to do it to the walkie talkies too.

The planning and execution of this is something we don't normally get to see outside of our TV sets.
They're an amazing race of people, very resourceful and successful - certainly not to be messed with - better to have them as friends!

I think it was Stephen Fry who said about his Hungarian Jewish ancestors that they could follow you into a revolving door and come out first

Unbelievably outlandish Israeli plots and rescues have always made for good films.

'The Red Sea Diving Resort' (Netflix)
Covering a Mossad operation over several years in an abandoned hotel on the east coast of Africa where thousands of Ethiopian Jews (yes, black ones) were saved from persecution and smuggled out of the country onto ships for transport to a new life in Israel.

'Munich' (Netflix) A Mossad operation following the Munich Olympics in 1972 where 11 members of the Israeli Olympic team were murdered (some by a bungled German police rescue attempt).
Mossad were given a list of 11 names of people involved in the atrocity, all but the mastermind were killed in an operation lasting twenty years.

'Entebbe' (Netflix) The rescue of around 100 Jewish hostages on a hijacked plane, an elite Israeli Commando team flew over 2000 miles to carry out a successful extraction with minimal loss of life. Easily on a par with the SAS raid on the Iranian Embassy siege.

It's remarkable that a country the size of Wales has been able to stem the Arab onslaught for the last 50 years and made such bold moves in the international fight against terrorism. And before anyone says it, they haven't always enjoyed the level of support from America that they enjoy today.

A truly remarkable and resourceful people.

Sponsored Links
Back