Who uses Pagers these days anyway?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Mossad were given a list of 11 names of people involved in the atrocity, all but the mastermind were killed in an operation lasting twenty years.
Extra-judicial killing in another country is a crime, and an insult to the host nation.
Look at the extra-judicial killing carried out in UK and Turkey.
journalist Jamal Khashoggi
Sergei Scripal and his daughter
Alexander Litvinenko.

The fabourite is 10g of military explosive. The pagers are waterproof so could provide the contaminant.Seems a number .who looked at it have lost eyes. They buzz when there is a message. Lebanon reckon 5,000 have been imported recently.

The Taiwan maker who's label appears on them licensed the design to a Hungarian company. BAC. They were registered in 2022. They are agents so they could have been made anywhere LOL even in Israel. No info so far even who they were ordered from.

The hand held radios were branded Icom but the model blowing up hasn't been exported since 2014. Icom are a high end brand so may be clones. Seems these made much bigger bangs.

A rather senior war crimes prosecuter reckons that use of this sort of method is a war crime as it's too indiscriminate. All sorts use pagers just one aspect the other it would be ok if restricted to actual fighters.

Interesting comment in that link
Hezbollah has relied heavily on pagers as a low-tech means of communications to try to evade location-tracking by Israel. Pagers are wireless telecommunications devices that receive and display alphanumeric or voice messages.
They are much harder to track than mobile phones, which have long since been abandoned as simply too vulnerable, as Israel’s assassination of the Hamas bomb-maker Yahya Ayyash demonstrated as long ago as 1996, when his phone exploded in his hand.
In February, Hassan Nasrallah directed Hezbollah fighters to get rid of their phones, saying they had been infiltrated by Israeli intelligence. He told his forces to break, bury or lock their phones in an iron box.
Experts now say the directive, issued during a live televised address, may have forewarned Israeli intelligence operatives that the group would be seeking a new - likely lower tech - method of communications.

The majority of those 2800 standing close by when these devices went off were Hezbollah really ! guess those two kids killed had signed up for duty early
It’s way more targeted than the blanket bombing of Gaza.

Of course it’s terribly sad 2 children were killed

I’m no fan of the Israel state but killing and maiming Hezbollah fighters seems justified targets to me.

I’m no fan of the Israel state but killing and maiming Hezbollah fighters seems justified targets to me.
And sod the innocent indiscriminate casualties.

Whatever anyone might think of Israel, you've got to admire their ingenuity.
Au contraire they are acting like animals in their indiscrimate maiming and killing of innocent people. That cannot be admired nor justified.

It's the use of civil infrastructure, that kills innocent civilians that makes it a war crime and a terror tactic.

And it's not just the killing of children, it's also the maiming of children, and the killing of health workers.

The pagers were also used by the health workers.

Sponsored Links
Back