Winter fuel allowance

Sponsored Links
The Tory used the cost of getting all who qualify on pension credit argument. Of course some came up with a lower maybe more accurate figure. It must be a tricky one to calculate. Things get bizarre when a pensioner is in a care home.

Tory argue that the cost of getting all who qualify on wipes out the savings. On the other hand it significantly reduces the cost of getting them on pension credits. Starmer did make a comment about pension credits - people not getting them when they could if I remember correctly. It related to the fact it's not automatic.

Budget next month. As things are rather different due to very high taxation levels all know are locked in little chance of guessing what will be in it.

The problem with means testing is that the costs of administration are a huge percentage of the money available in the first place...

The number of bureaucrats needed to cross reference claims/fraud is crazy...

But as always it's jobs for the boys/girls and crumbs for the needy!

network rail is incorporated as a private company
Oh dear - that is just the tracks not what runs on them.

Network Rail owns, operates, maintains and develops Britain's railway. Network Rail is responsible for ensuring that the railway is safe and reliable. Network Rail is an executive non-departmental public body, sponsored by the Department for Transport.

Sponsored Links
Very sensible, otherwise that's another £300 million that will have someone scratching their head (y)
22 pages and 253 boxes to fill certainly helps. Why can’t labor reduce the complexity of the form instead of blaming the the torey’s for it

The most sensible post I've seen in ages on here.
I genuinely believe that. Probably why it seems I don't care about much. I just think the old saying about trying to change what you can't is true.
Head down, look after you and yours, within the law (ish).

Honestly, I don't think there is a solution. To me politicians are just here to move the discontent around different communities from time to time thus keeping a lid on the cooking pot.
There’s a lot of plate spinning and juggling going on, Gordon brown was an expert but they’re all at it. Unless you’re far rage in which case you can go back to basic principles safe in the knowledge you’ll never be in power

Sponsored Links
Back