Winter fuel allowance

Because the fact that the size of the housing stock has zero relevance.
It has to the social rental stock. It has gone down 2m so affects people on waiting lists.

It's like going on the stolen tools thread and telling they guy not to worry, there are still the same number of tools around, they just aren't his now. It's ridiculous.
and your (faulty) argument.
That the social housing stock has gone down 2m, directly because of RTB? I wish you would address that rather than binging up other things that I have actually already agreed with you.

Sponsored Links
I've not heard about this before.
Tell me more about it.
Sure. I really couldn't believe that Kier would go back on what he and his party said few years ago. The big piece about stopping winter fuel payments would kill nearly 4000 pensioners. That's a tory type of hypocrisy with old people copping the pain as an extra. It genuinely surprised me.

It has to the social rental stock. It has gone down 2m so affects people on waiting lists.

No it does not affect anyone. The homes are already occupied, irrespective of whether the council owns them, TB's, or they are privately owned. The only way for there to be vacant homes, for those people on the lists - is to build more homes.

Remember the cows..

Sponsored Links
Yours was the jibe, a partisan one that said it’s ok to shaft people in need if they’re too stupid to be able to fill out a form

No.
My post was for Labour to both simplify the form, and say FU to the tories.

Labour don't have to choose between the two.

My point is, it doesn't help anyone on a long social rent housing list, directly because of RTB, that the number of houses have stayed the same. Don't be like Harry.
Not as simple as that as some of the older ones have been demolished to make room for more. Also some older none council houses.

Demolishing them at times is a slow process as it looks like they wait until they are empty. Councils now subcontract maintenance on the remaining ones to companies. Full time job for a plumber that lives around the corner to me. Also a plasterer who did some work for me - weekend only. He's busy in he week. The plumber sorted him for me.

Move on in time. Say a council area I lived near built in the mid 50's and all still looks ok. One problem is that these houses are bound to be well regarded by renters. Decent building standards etc.

It's like going on the stolen tools thread and telling they guy not to worry, there are still the same number of tools around, they just aren't his now. It's ridiculous.

That the social housing stock has gone down 2m, directly because of RTB? I wish you would address that rather than binging up other things that I have actually already agreed with you

There's another way, surely we could house the poorest pensioners in heated Hotels, thus releasing housing stock.

Why has no one thought of such an idea before........ :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

There's another way, surely we could house the poorest pensioners in heated Hotels.
There's lots of options, the best way to tackle it is just a different political opinion. Governments come and go, as do the voters.

Not as simple as that as some of the older ones have been demolished to make room for more.
The ones gone under RTB tended to be the best ones, a lot of what is left is not in a good state.
Councils now subcontract maintenance on the remaining ones to companies.
Some do, to different extents.

The big piece about stopping winter fuel payments would kill nearly 4000 pensioners.
Things in terms of their income are entirely different now. However some older people always die in the winter. It's a bit of a variable. Some are also reluctant to use heating so minimise it's use - even with the allowance / not even retired.

Only the ones that dislike trolls Himmy.
So in your estimation, it's the messenger, not the message that is paramount. :rolleyes:
Thanks for the confirmation. :)

I can see how and why your appreciation count is so high. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The ones gone under RTB tended to be the best ones, a lot of what is left is not in a good state.
Can't believe I'm joining in with you lot but I'm intrigued as to where you got them figures from.

Sponsored Links
Back