Winter fuel allowance

Sponsored Links
Do you actually think the PM would have carried on with all of the Tory policies with no changes? Really?

No, but it's rather telling that he went for the elderly as soon as he got the keys to no. 10. Then massively boosted the incomes of those who already have good salaries. Of course, they also have strong unions too.

You'll be next to take some of his 'tough decisions'..

Sponsored Links
Except for the fact that it then needs a power station anyway, as back up for when the sun don't shine and the wind blows. Which effectively doubles its cost..
I realise you want to believe that….but it simply isn’t true.

Back capacity for renewable intermittency adds a few % in cost, but given that renewable energy production costs are lower than fossil fuel or nuclear power stations, it’s not an overall cost increase.

Also bear in mind battery storage capacity is increasing constantly.

It’s funny how Brexit supporters, Tory / Reform voters are also anti renewable energy….it’s almost as if Tories / Reform might be funded by fossil fuels……..

Then massively boosted the incomes of those who already have good salaries.
Under inflation pay rises which were way overdue. If you want to freeze pay rises then do it for all. Or did you mean the taxpayer hand outs to Mick and Elton, people who obviously don't need £4 a week extra?

Then massively boosted the incomes of those who already have good salaries.
There are private landlords on the other thread moaning that Labour may limit rental increases to inflation, and only once a year. What about that as an idea for everyone, to include wage rises, then there is no confusion?

This Labour government berated the Tories for suggesting possible WFA cuts.
Saying that Labours research showed up to 5000 pensioners would die if the WFA were scrapped.

Labour don't care.

This Labour government berated the Tories for suggesting possible WFA cuts.
Saying that Labours research showed up to 5000 pensioners would die if the WFA were scrapped.
Ok neglect the effect of recent pension rises and also the next one.
Me - I am surprised to see this change happened. I see the main argument is that pension credit will wipe the savings out so bit of thought. It will offset a lot of the cost of getting all who are able to take it on the books. A significant reduction.

Past that my usual approach. Trust them and await the results. Also I wonder what will be in the budget. I giessed what the results of a £20b NI reduction would be and I am correct. Done when they knew they had little chance of retaining power.

I mentioned a documentary on Starmer based on his period of being a mandarin and pointed out something about him. :) I doubt if anybody took the comment seriously. LOL even Blinken is impressed by some of the results. The guy he deals with here was up and running immediately.

Ok neglect the effect of recent pension rises and also the next one.
Me - I am surprised to see this change happened. I see the main argument is that pension credit will wipe the savings out so bit of thought. It will offset a lot of the cost of getting all who are able to take it on the books. A significant reduction.

Past that my usual approach. Trust them and await the results. Also I wonder what will be in the budget. I giessed what the results of a £20b NI reduction would be and I am correct. Done when they knew they had little chance of retaining power. It appears the government is taking a gamble like on the site knowing that their chances of retaining power are slim.

I mentioned a documentary on Starmer based on his period of being a mandarin and pointed out something about him. :) I doubt if anybody took the comment seriously. LOL even Blinken is impressed by some of the results. The guy he deals with here was up and running immediately.
I am also surprised by this change, but it seems they are trying to revise the strategy. Let's see what happens in the budget

Past that my usual approach. Trust them and await the results. Also I wonder what will be in the budget. I giessed what the results of a £20b NI reduction would be and I am correct. Done when they knew they had little chance of retaining power.

John, if you wrote in whole sentences, I might be able to understand some of your posts - but you don't.. I have better things to do with my time, than attempt to decrypt them..

Saying that Labours research showed up to 5000 pensioners would die if the WFA were scrapped
Research that was done in 2017

Conservatives “wrap an arm around care homes” killed many thousands

Sponsored Links
Back