Winter fuel allowance

Cutting winter fuel allowance is directly due to Jeremy Hunts “buy a voter” cut to NI

Tory voters don’t like to admit that

Sponsored Links
This Labour government berated the Tories for suggesting possible WFA cuts.
Saying that Labours research showed up to 5000 pensioners would die if the WFA were scrapped.

Labour don't care.
Who EXACTLY do you think should pay extra tax to pay out wfa ?

The rich, the poor ?

Or do you think there is a magic money pot ? In case you're not aware, the pot is not only empty but it's got a hole in it

Sponsored Links
Except for the fact that it then needs a power station anyway, as back up for when the sun don't shine and the wind blows. Which effectively doubles its cost..
What's the problem "when the sun don't shine and the wind blows" ?

What sort of back up power station would you advise?

also notice that quite a few other posters have appreciated your comments, the quoted post and previous ones of yours.
There is nothing wrong with appreciating comments that inform and help other members, but appreciating obvious and proven incorrect information, that has been accompanied by unwanted and unwarranted abuse, means that they are appreciating only your bellicose and abusive manner.

That exactly demonstrates the quality of some of the typical members on this forum.
Ah, beaten so turning abusive to everyone, now. Wassup? Run out of things to google?
I posted nothing incorrect, only you have done that.
You have finally given up on asserting that you know more about the appropriate law than a senior HRMC manager,
And about the practice of the HMRC
And the notion that everything they know, use and do, is governed by what YOU can google. You allow zero possibility of anything whatsoever on the topic of chasing the bad guys being hidden from general public view.
So you just say I'm not adding anything, you say that what I passed on was incorrect because you can't google for it.

I do not need to provide google references here, simple. A normal person wouldn't expect to find any.

You are nobody special, despite your self-importance, except for your tiresome characteristics of trolling. You need to understand that.
Me bellicose - no, just stating what's obvious to everyone.

You should by now not be wondering why you're treated with contempt, and are repeatedly barred.
As you imply, you are NOT a typical member of the forum.
It's a level to which you might aspire.

Last edited:
Brigadier said:
a civilised, advanced, and prosperous country

We are none of those things.

We aren't THAT bad AJ. I could name a lot of countries I would NOT prefer to live in. Even in Europe.
Plenty of room for improvement though ;)

---

We should be looking after our own in Britain not sending billions abroad
I don't mind a few billions going to Ukraine:cautious:

What's the problem "when the sun don't shine and the wind blows" ?

What sort of back up power station would you advise?

I obviously, omitted the word 'don't' - when the wind don't blow.

Nuclear is the obvious one, but then it becomes entirely pointless having the green schemes. Why invest billions, it green, then have to spend billions more in a backup supply system. May as well just use what works all the time, and can be relied upon to produce, all of the time.

We should be looking after our own in Britain not sending billions abroad
You voted for Brexit….increasing trade barriers with our largest trade partner is the opposite of “looking after our own”

By the way foreign aid is soft power, we gain a significant amount of trade from it.

Being part of a political party means following the rules.
MPs can be independent if they want, there's no rules nor regulations preventing that.
But if they go independent, they no longer have the moral nor financial support of the party.
It's the same for all political parties.

Sponsored Links
Back