Which is more than the rest.

If inflation is 5% and average pay is 4%, pensioners get 5%

If inflation is 2% and average pay is 5% pensioners get 5%
Which is the same as the rest

In inflation is 0% and average pay is 0%, pensioners get 2.5%

Sponsored Links
so does that money for investing in public pensions just appear from thin air or does the tax/ ni payers help fund the 15/20% contributions ?
Private and Public pensions (not including civil service pensions) are operated similarly to private pensions, i.e. funded from contributions and invested to realise the funds (in the form of interest and dividends) to pay pensions. There is no 'public' contribution 'to top' up the fund. Only the contributions paid during the employees service, which is continually invested.

Civil Service pensions are different and paid by the government from taxation.
There is no pension (investment) fund. Pensions are instead funded by contributions from current employers and employees, topped up as necessary by the Treasury. This arrangement is often criticised as being in some way unfairly advantaged when compared with funded schemes.

Local authority pensions in the UK are paid for by a combination of employee and employer contributions, as well as investment returns:

Sponsored Links
JohnD bless remind me who is the government of the day? Well, it would not be the Labour lying party, would it?

Liars as acknowledged by NotchyFacts

JohnD bless remind me who is the government of the day? Well, it would not be the Labour lying party, would it?

Liars as acknowledged by NotchyFacts
All parties issue a manifesto prior to an election, It's what is used to inform ourselves.
It isn't just the wining party's manifesto that should be scrutinised when comparing policies. :rolleyes:

Private and Public pensions (not including civil service pensions) are operated similarly to private pensions, i.e. funded from contributions and invested to realise the funds (in the form of interest and dividends) to pay pensions. There is no 'public' contribution 'to top' up the fund. Only the contributions paid during the employees service, which is continually invested.

Civil Service pensions are different and paid by the government from taxation.

there is a weekly monthly public top up my monthly 200 quid contribution was topped up with roughly 500 quid a month from public funds which then gives a far higher figure to be invested giving faar better returns

Really Carmen do you not realise the Labour liars are in power now? When have you criticised them when the condemn pensioners to death while paying billions to their union friends.
I believe they are still paying it to the needy .

I'm no fan of the policy. But who EXACTLY do you want to pay the extra taxes needed to keep paying out money to some that don't need it? Answer that before you complain more.

It's a tough world. Right or wrong he is making tough decisions and not just pretending things are going well.

The other choice was more of the Tories. We couldn't afford that, could we

I believe they are still paying it to the needy .

I'm no fan of the policy. But who EXACTLY do you want to pay the extra taxes needed to keep paying out money to some that don't need it? Answer that before you complain more.
How about big businesses who labour said for 14 years they were going to target and often saying that would be their first target

How about big businesses who labour said for 14 years they were going to target and often saying that would be their first target
They are putting windfall tax on energy companies, they are big business

They are tightening regulations on water companies, they are big business

Its not paying extra taxes but the use of the already high tax burden. Killing pensioners is never the answer. Unless you need to pay billions to your union friends first of course.

Remember this?

Sponsored Links
Back