Zion and the Art of Armageddon

I meant what I said.

I’ve decided today after Bod’s sad departure not to waste my time with a lair like yourself. I wish you no harm, but I’ll have to move along.
Cowardly excuse

you are making every excuse under the sun because you cant back up your claim of "jew hatred"

Sponsored Links
Civil defence teams are still trying to put out a fire that erupted after Israeli forces raided a vegetable market in Ramallah, at about midnight, throwing tear gas and stun grenades, causing fire to erupt. No one was able to get to the area until the Israeli raid was over. They are still putting it out after hours and hours.

Another hotbed of terrorist activity wiped out by the brave warriors of Zion. Meanwhile...

The Israeli military is continuing to carry out air strikes and artillery shelling on Rafah city [while] at the same time, it is quietly taking over the Philadelphi Corridor in what looks like part of its strategy of building a buffer zone, a demilitarised area on the Egyptian border.

INTERACTIVE-Whats-the-Philadelphi-Corridor-border-1717057211.png

This means the majority of residential buildings and public facilities there, including schools, hospitals and privately owned clinics, will be destroyed for this demilitarised area.

Breaking news as President Joe Biden says during a speech on the war on Gaza that Israel has put forward a new ceasefire proposal that has been transmitted to Hamas via Qatar. “That’s been the focus, a durable end to this war, one that brings all the hostages home, ensures Israel’s security, creates a better day after in Gaza without Hamas in power, and sets the stage for a political settlement that provides a better future for Israelis and Palestinians alike.” Biden said the new proposal is “a roadmap to an enduring ceasefire and the release of all hostages”.
Although Israel’s National Security Adviser Tzachi Hanegbi said earlier this week that the Israeli army will be fighting in Gaza for the next seven months at least...make of it what you will

An amended version of the 1996 roadmap, perhaps? Updated to illustrate the recent devastation by the IDF who're tanking their way through Rafah at speed as they speak. No Justice? No Peace.

Further analysis on the developing situation @Axios.com

Breaking news as President Joe Biden says during a speech on the war on Gaza that Israel has put forward a new ceasefire proposal that has been transmitted to Hamas via Qatar. “That’s been the focus, a durable end to this war, one that brings all the hostages home, ensures Israel’s security, creates a better day after in Gaza without Hamas in power, and sets the stage for a political settlement that provides a better future for Israelis and Palestinians alike.” Biden said the new proposal is “a roadmap to an enduring ceasefire and the release of all hostages”.
Although Israel’s National Security Adviser Tzachi Hanegbi said earlier this week that the Israeli army will be fighting in Gaza for the next seven months at least...make of it what you will

An amended version of the 1996 roadmap, perhaps? Updated to illustrate the recent devastation by the IDF who're tanking their way through Rafah at speed as they speak. No Justice? No Peace.

Further analysis on the developing situation @Axios.com

Can't see anything about Hamas giving up power and I really can't see them agreeing to that anyway.

Fingers crossed though.

Sponsored Links
...Netanyahu has accused critics of Israel or his policies of antisemitism, using fiery rhetoric to compare them to the Jewish people's worst persecutors. But his detractors say he is overusing the label to further his political agenda and try to stifle even legitimate criticism, and that doing so risks diluting the term's meaning at a time when antisemitism is surging worldwide.

“Not every criticism against Israel is antisemitic,” said Tom Segev, an Israeli historian. “The moment you say it is antisemitic hate ... you take away all legitimacy from the criticism and try to crush the debate.”

In response to Khan seeking the arrest warrants, Netanyahu said the ICC prosecutor was “callously pouring gasoline on the fires of antisemitism that are raging across the world,” comparing him to German judges who approved of the Nazis' race laws against Jews. Those comments drew a rebuke from the European Union's foreign policy chief, Josep Borrell. “The prosecutor of the court has been strongly intimidated and accused of antisemitism — as always when anybody, anyone does something that Netanyahu’s government does not like,” Borrell said. “The word antisemitic, it’s too heavy. It’s too important.”

When Netanyahu leans on accusations of antisemitism, he is doing so with the Israeli public in mind, said Reuven Hazan, a political scientist at Jerusalem’s Hebrew University. Hazan said Netanyahu has leveraged the campus protests, for example, to get Israelis to rally around him at a time when his public support has plummeted and Israelis are growing impatient with the war. He said Netanyahu has also used the protests as a scapegoat for his failure so far to achieve the war’s two goals: destroying Hamas and freeing the hostages. “He deflects blame from himself, attributing any shortcomings not to his foreign policies or policies in the (Palestinian) territories, but rather to antisemitism. This narrative benefits him greatly, absolving him of responsibility,” Hazan said.

Shmuel Rosner, a senior fellow at the Jewish People Policy Institute, a Jerusalem think thank, rejects the notion that Netanyahu stifles criticism by calling it antisemitic, pointing to just how much criticism the country receives. But he said using the antisemitic label to achieve political ends could cheapen it. "I’d be more selective than the government of Israel in choosing the people and bodies they tag ‘antisemitic,’” he said.

ABCnews.go.com

“That’s been the focus, a durable end to this war, one that brings all the hostages home, ensures Israel’s security, creates a better day after in Gaza without Hamas in power, and sets the stage for a political settlement that provides a better future for Israelis and Palestinians alike.” Biden said the new proposal is “a roadmap to an enduring ceasefire and the release of all hostages”.
It sounded rather deja vu to me He added the comment if HAMAS really want ceasefire. Preprepared blame?? It is extremely clear concerning exactly what HAMAS do want. If that is met the hostages will be returned.

Phase 2 is too blurred and guarantees nothing. Biden playing politics now it looks clear he will loose votes over Gaza? West Bank - no mention.

Israeli politics - re alignment to keep Benjamin in power. 2 things I noticed. Slight interference with what they can do. They now use 2 smaller bombs rather than one. The entire house voted no we will do what we want to do. The public. Ceasefire demo. They appear to think a pause will get the hostages back. The US of late do not think that HAMAS could mount another attack now.

In excess of 500,000 Israeli live in the West Bank. 1,000's more planned. Applications speeded up. 220,000 in E Jerusalem.

Some are mentioning the obvious. HAMAS finishing up with some political power. Will Israel accept that? US and others?

End game - not much change. 2 areas with a hefty embargo? Toy boy politics which in real terms is what the PA is? They do seem to have heated up a bit of late.

It sounded rather deja vu to me He added the comment if HAMAS really want ceasefire. Preprepared blame?? It is extremely clear concerning exactly what HAMAS do want. If that is met the hostages will be returned.

Phase 2 is too blurred and guarantees nothing. Biden playing politics now it looks clear he will loose votes over Gaza? West Bank - no mention.

Israeli politics - re alignment to keep Benjamin in power. 2 things I noticed. Slight interference with what they can do. They now use 2 smaller bombs rather than one. The entire house voted no we will do what we want to do. The public. Ceasefire demo. They appear to think a pause will get the hostages back. The US of late do not think that HAMAS could mount another attack now.

In excess of 500,000 Israeli live in the West Bank. 1,000's more planned. Applications speeded up. 220,000 in E Jerusalem.

Some are mentioning the obvious. HAMAS finishing up with some political power. Will Israel accept that? US and others?

End game - not much change. 2 areas with a hefty embargo? Toy boy politics which in real terms is what the PA is? They do seem to have heated up a bit of late.

Have you been on holiday John?

2024-06-02T143348Z_627058951_RC2138AL9QNM_RTRMADP_3_ISRAEL-PALESTINIANS-CONSCRIPTION-PROTEST-1717339361.jpg

Israel’s Supreme Court convened to discuss petitions to change government policy that grants ultra-Orthodox Jews exemptions from military conscription [Ronen Zvulun/Reuters]

Israel’s Supreme Court convened to discuss petitions to change government policy that grants ultra-Orthodox Jews exemptions from military conscription [Ronen Zvulun/Reuters]
They have a battalion of them. All volunteers with a rather bad reputation,

I noticed video from one the larger camps Instead to blowing up a school they appear to have burnt it out. Plenty of rubble around the building but otherwise intact. Large building that look about right for a school and complaints that one had been used for shelter. El Shifa showed signs of the same thing.

Can't see anything about Hamas giving up power and I really can't see them agreeing to that anyway.

Fingers crossed though.
They won’t all the time Hamas are used by proxies.

Israel might kill most of the current crop of Hanas fighters, but the leaders and the funding doesn’t come from Gaza or West Bank.

They won’t all the time Hamas are used by proxies.

Israel might kill most of the current crop of Hanas fighters, but the leaders and the funding doesn’t come from Gaza or West Bank.

If they can get Yahya Sinwar that would be decisive, he's supposedly still in Gaza, in a tunnel. But even if they don't get him now, he'll likely have a tragic accident at some point in the future. :LOL:

tragic accident at some point in the future.
i came across a Guardian article talking about US hits that mentioned the fact that some had been hit and killed a number of time. ;) Afraid I didn't keep a link ISIS days so old.

Claims - best see the body. Might be yes you got me. Nice way to disappear.

Israel is looking into an alternative local governing body for Gaza, the defense minister said Sunday, proposing a future beyond Hamas but giving no idea who those challengers might be. Gallant, part of Israel’s three-member War Cabinet who recently urged the government to have a detailed postwar plan for Gaza, said in a briefing that “we seek a governing alternative to Hamas. The framework for this includes isolating areas, removing Hamas operatives in these areas and bringing in other forces that will enable the formation of a governing alternative.”

But that approach is challenging and has failed before, one expert said.

“I haven’t heard of any local players that are brave enough to present themselves as an alternative to Hamas,” said Michael Milshtein, an Israeli analyst of Palestinian affairs at Tel Aviv University and a former military intelligence officer. Milshtein said Gallant’s “wishful thinking” would amount to a suicidal mission for any local leader. Milshtein noted that Israel has tried this approach in the past. In the 1970s and ’80s, Israel tried to establish “village leagues,” empowering local Palestinian leaders.

“They were considered in the eyes of Palestinians as collaborators, and it ended in a very tragic manner,” he said. Unless Israel maintains a constant presence in Gaza, any “alternative forces” they try to install will be too fragile, he added.

AssPress:Jerusalem

Sponsored Links
Back