1st Labour Tory blow up

It's all that's been asked. No figures, no details.

I don't need lectures from him (or you) about how much tax he pays.

I just don't believe he is in the top 1 % of earners as a standard paye employee (with no control over his wage deductions).

He wants to dream aloud he should expect to be challenged.

On a DIY forum too
It’s fairly obvious that because you don’t have the capacity you assume it’s impossible.

Imagine if Bob the car seller sold 1000 cars for 50k. Now he’s in the top 1% and his employment status is exactly the same.

Obviously I don’t sell cars for a living.

What you have revealed is you are yet another “happy to chip in more to rebuild the country” who probably pays f**all to start with.

Such generous behaviour from those who can optimise the tax on their income form work.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In motorbikings case a lot depends on the set up and what he does with it. There is no reason at all why some one on PAYE shouldn't be in the top 1% of payers, None at all. Notice PAYE payer. Other things he may get up to pass. I have no idea what is possible in that area in this situation.

Sponsored Links
It’s the normal set up for the vast majority of people who sell things. Basic wage + commissions.

In the example I gave fictional Bob only has to sell 300 cars to hit the 1% threshold.

Dumb and dumber’s mate are just revealing their naive understanding of the world.

Not necessarily if he's PAYE, he gets paid a wage, could be £50k, for selling the cars. The example you give isn't the normal PAYE set up.
Doh
The bonus you've paid counts as earnings, so: add it to your employee's other earnings. deduct and pay Pay As You Earn ( PAYE ) tax and Class 1 National Insurance through payroll.

Some get yearly ones.

What you have revealed is you are yet another “happy to chip in more to rebuild the country” who probably pays f**all to start with.

Such generous behaviour from those who can optimise the tax on their income form work.
No

I am firmly in the camp of being happy to pay more for better services.

Just not to line the pockets of the Tory friends

So you're wrong. Again

Not necessarily if he's PAYE, he gets paid a wage, could be £50k, for selling the cars. The example you give isn't the normal PAYE set up.
He must think he's clever.

The more holes he digs the further he falls in.

And some believe what he says too

The bonus you've paid counts as earnings, so: add it to your employee's other earnings. deduct and pay Pay As You Earn ( PAYE ) tax and Class 1 National Insurance through payroll.

Some get yearly ones.
So what?

In the example I gave fictional Bob only has to sell 300 cars to hit the 1% threshold
300 cars at £50k each, yea someone selling £15m pounds worth of goods, or £50m for 1000, is just your average PAYE earner.

so the calculation is 300 cars at £50k each and 1% commission

300x£50000x0.01 = £150,000

Plus basic

Minus pension contributions (possibly limited in his case to £60,000) which would greatly reduce his tax due, and possibly his NI.

Sponsored Links
Back