All that extra time getting your passport stamped…..

Sponsored Links
I travel 3-4 times a month. Rarely have a problem. It takes them a few seconds to match their stamp but no issues.
I travel less frequently these days, but it's not the one at the head of the queue with their passport open at the correct page, visa (if applicable) immediately available.
It's the one at the head of the queue that hasn't yet got their passport out of their bag, still in its protective cover, and, "now where did I put that visa".
It's the same at every checkout in the supermarket. it isn't the one with three items, ready labelled and money or card immediately available. It's always the one with the full trolley, unweighed items, single items taken out of multiple packs, card doesn't work, can't find their check book, etc that adds to the waiting times.
The simple algorithm rule proves true: fewer customers means fewer problems and no pressure to sort it, and no queue build up. :rolleyes:

As someone who travels every couple of weeks to and from EU countries for work, BREXIT hasn't made any noticeable difference. At peak times at CDG sometimes the other passports queue is faster than the EU queue
So no Brexit bonus. What was the point of Brexit. It certainly wasn't to reduce queues. :rolleyes:

And when the EU soon stops stamping passports it will be quicker again
Until someone forgets their 3 months in every 6 months has been exceeded because they have no stamp in their passport So, if they're on their way out of UK, they're refused entry to EU. Or if they're on their way back, their record is marked as an overstayer. Thus the next time they want to enter EU, there might be trouble ahead., But while there's moonlight and music..........

Sponsored Links
Well, that could be true with arrivals but in departures we were in a queue of a couple of hundred. Once we'd had our bags checked we went off to passport control. That’s the second picture I showed. No queues whatsoever. Also, they had no dedicated EU or third country queue's. Unfortunately, that was how it is. Sorry I couldn’t be more negative about the whole affair.
Which proves that baggage control takes longer than passport control. :rolleyes:
When that is applied to everyone, there will be no queues at passport control because the baggage control serves to filter people at a controlled rate. :rolleyes:

Duty free is better and of course we can export stuff VAT free.
In my experience duty-free is a nonsense.
In some countries, sure tobacco products are very much cheaper. But on the whole, there is little difference in prices of electrical/electronic items, and alcohol is often much more expensive.
For instance, supposedly duty-free alcohol on the cross channel ferries are more expensive than in the EU supermarkets.
Tobacco products are very much cheaper in the near east airports, (and who wants that :rolleyes: ), but alcohol is very much more expensive, and electronic goods hardly any cheaper and no chance of a return of faulty goods.

Similarly in far East airports, tobacco is very much cheaper, but alcohol more expensive, and the sane applies to electronic goods, hardly any cheaper, and no chance of return of faulty goods.

It was a long time ago in antipodean countries that electronic goods were sufficiently cheaper to make the purchase worthwhile.
But then they had to be declared on arrival in UK, where VAT may have been charged.

And nobody yet has produced a benefit

Just proven it's not much worse .

Produce the benefits and people will say, yes, maybe some pain was worth it.

But no benefits and pain? Who wanted that ?

Sponsored Links
Back