All that extra time getting your passport stamped…..

Sponsored Links
You think they are temporary :LOL:
Mine and your opinion/belief is irrelevant.
The Schengen Borders Code (SBC) provides Member States with the capability of temporarily reintroducing border control at the internal borders in the event of a serious threat to public policy or internal security.

I’m aware of the law and the argument being made by Germany. It’s pretty weak and is likely to spread

Sponsored Links
That's a problem with our politicians, not with Brexit. Being outside the EU can only help in this regard
It's a problem because of brexit. It was never decided what brexit was and how to implement it.

The politicians you blame are those that presided over brexit.

Don't blame anybody but those that voted for this. We've got EXACTLY what was voted for. A mess.

The EU is and has strengthened its borders. We haven't. But we said it was a major priority.

Germany is only one of half a dozen EU member states that invoked the state's right to place temporary controls on their borders.
It hasn't led to:

Currently Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Norway, Denmark, Sweden and France have temporary controls in place.
So I'm not convinced that you are:
Of course the EU won’t want to upset Berlin and is happy to pretend it’s all fine. The alternative is to accept Schengen is doomed. Meanwhile their neighbours don’t share the same view. Schengen’s life expectancy is not looking good.

Brexit passport checks seem minor by comparison

That's a problem with our politicians, not with Brexit. Being outside the EU can only help in this regard
WRONG

U.K. has no control over who leaves France

U.K. politicians can do nothing about it

Being outside EU only makes things worse in that regard

The alternative is to accept Schengen is doomed. Meanwhile their neighbours don’t share the same view. Schengen’s life expectancy is not looking good
Yes, just like the EU….it’s about to collapse, a claim made by brexers every day for 20+ years

Now you're just verifying my original observation.

New name. Same old, same old...
So let me get this right, you can make stupid remarks but I can’t say anything back!?

Right, sorry! I forgot this is the GD way.

Sponsored Links
Back