Bounce or no bounce?

Kamala is not popular on her own merits, she is only popular because of the hatred nearly half of the US has for Trump
She is more of an unknown as far as the US population is concerned. Much of her canvassing is intended to fix that. Introducing herself. That has influenced what she can spend her time on. Eg leaving the convention to canvas elsewhere.

When it comes to a Trump - Harris Show people need to consider US media politics. It's main media is not like ours so there is bound to be arguments about which network can hold it. Well, they appear to have agreed one.

The other point about the US is that it very much a one of 2 parties country and most states tend to always vote the same way. An example
Hate for most doesn't figure. Just policy trends and beliefs.

What do pundits say - even just 1 month campaigning is a long time in US politics. Actually at times I think it can be here as well. I think it was in our most recent one.

Sponsored Links
He also wants the microphones muted at the debate. These are facts and they are not disputed and people are starting to ask why.
You mean like they were in the first debate with Biden after he asked for them to be left on . Suggest you look at who sets the rules for the debates

Sponsored Links
Over 200 Republican staffers come out in support…..of Kamala Harris

Trump wants the microphones muted
You may as well get a balanced view about what has been going on with the mic's. This started it

Trump's campaign is pushing for the microphones to be muted when it is the other person's turn to speak. This is a rule that was originally requested by Joe Biden when he was the Democratic candidate.
Trump's team ultimately agreed to the request - which was an apparent effort by Biden's campaign to limit interruptions. (The pair's chaotic first 2020 debate was marred by constant interruptions, with Mr Biden eventually snapping at his rival: "Will you shut up, man?")

The former president, however, appears less concerned by the rule and to some extent even undermined his own team's statements calling for it to remain in place. "[It] doesn't matter to me. I'd rather have [the microphones] probably on," he said on Monday.

This comes down to Trump agreeing with the deal based on the usual rules - mic turned off when the other is speaking.

The game
"Our understanding is that Trump's handlers prefer the muted microphone because they don't think their candidate can act presidential for 90 minutes on his own," a statement from Harris's spokesman said.
Read the rest. It's not long

what part of its the rules set by broadcasters and were used in the last debate is not true ?
Then change the rules, both Trump and Harris want it. But the Trump team knows what would happen...

This comes down to Trump agreeing with the deal based on the usual rules - mic turned off when the other is speaking.

I have read that the usual rule in US debates is that the microphone is live at all times. The recent Biden Trump debate was an exception.

I have read that the usual rule in US debates is that the microphone is live at all times. The recent Biden Trump debate was an exception.
I did suggest people read it
"But the agreement was that it would be the same as it was last time. In that case, it was muted," he added.

Sponsored Links
Back