Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know if the below is done to the correct zones ? we had an electrician that is doing a full rewire, there's more examples of weird things

is this within the correct zones ?

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 7.41.04 PM.png

I think the below is fine but seems too packed with no protection unless it doesn't need it ?

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 7.46.33 PM.png

the below is the last image, there's many weird examples on this job so limiting this just to three pictures

Screenshot 2024-08-23 at 7.46.44 PM.png

Sponsored Links
That person needs educating about zones for mains cables.

The data cables don’t really have zones but I always run them as I would mains cables

Also I wouldn’t run the data cable next to the mains cable

That person needs educating about zones for mains cables.

The data cables don’t really have zones but I always run them as I would mains cables

Also I wouldn’t run the data cable next to the mains cable
none of those are data cables, for some reason he used a different colour T&E

Sponsored Links
Get a real electrician
he is supposed to be an NICEIC registered spark, he only came for few hours on the first day then left his apprentice alone for 3 days to do the work then sent another guy that is supposed to be qualified to work with the apprentice all supposedly under his wise supervision

He might be qualified, but the guys laying the cables don't have a clue.
First thing an electrician will teach an apprentice on day one is never to work with power on.
Second thing would be the cable zones.
It's donkey work but they've messed it up.

What are they???
Leftovers from when he repaired his table lamp???
I don't know they seem like new cables, personally I've never seen white T&E but I'm not a spark, they are apparently for the lights

He might be qualified, but the guys laying the cables don't have a clue.
First thing an electrician will teach an apprentice on day one is never to work with power on.
Second thing would be the cable zones.
It's donkey work but they've messed it up.
the bad chasing done by the apprentice I haven't even posted its so bad, this latest chasing was apparently done by the spark that is supervising the electrician, the company is NICEIC registered apparently which is baffling

the bad chasing done by the apprentice I haven't even posted its so bad, this latest chasing was apparently done by the spark that is supervising the electrician, the company is NICEIC registered apparently which is baffling
Ok, so the company is registered, but all of the guys working at your place might not be.
Ask for their credentials and see how they disappear.
Don't pay a penny.
In fact, you need to ask for compensation to fix your walls now that you need to chase the cables correctly.

What’s on the other side of the wall where the cables disappear?
in the first image to the right is where the external front lights are and to the left it goes to the box that has the livign room light switch
in the second image that large bundle of cables goes under the staircase where from there it will then go to a cupboard that will have the new consumer unit, the cables on the right go to a switch box

whats even more annoying is NICEIC are useless as unless I go through the process they cant do anything, even if I complained to the electrician via message or whatsapp they wont get involved apparently unless its a written complaint - and they are supposed to ensure their certified sparks are up to standard - what a joke

whats even more annoying is NICEIC are useless as unless I go through the process they cant do anything, even if I complained to the electrician via message or whatsapp they wont get involved apparently unless its a written complaint - and they are supposed to ensure their certified sparks are up to standard - what a joke
The interest of NICIEC (and the other 'scheme providers') seems largely restricted to collecting subscriptions from their members!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back