Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 7.14.51 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 87
  • Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 7.15.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 7.15.08 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 7.16.36 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-24 at 7.16.36 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 98
The interest of NICIEC (and the other 'scheme providers') seems largely restricted to collecting subscriptions from their members!
its terrible, even more so when some members make it look like their membership with the NICEIC is there to protect you 'the customer'

Sponsored Links
Do they not own a spirit level?

Appalling and if that lighter cable is for lights why is it next to a socket?

Alarm bells ringing

Last edited:
Thats some of the worst first fixing I've ever seen, I hope you haven't paid.

Joists drilled in wrong place.

Not putting in oval conduit or capping, though not actually a requirement, is usually the sign of an electrician who doesn't care.

The biggest concern for me is your very first picture, where the cable isn't even close to being in a cable zone.

Do they not own a spirit level?

Appalling and if that lighter cake is for lights why is it next to a socket?

Alarm bells ringing
its meant to be for an isolator switch for a ventilation fan in the room

Thats some of the worst first fixing I've ever seen, I hope you haven't paid.
haven't paid yet but problem is I don't know how to challenge this as NICEIC wont do anything unless I have a written complaint and give the gy time to fix but we don't have time as other trades need to get in

Joists drilled in wrong place.

Not putting in oval conduit or capping, though not actually a requirement, is usually the sign of an electrician who doesn't care.

The biggest concern for me is your very first picture, where the cable isn't even close to being in a cable zone.
I read somewhere that the clips need to be metal too, does this apply in this case ?

I read somewhere that the clips need to be metal too, does this apply in this case ?
Not if they are going to be buried in plaster.

In essence, the only situation in which clips have to be metal is if they are the only thing stopping cables falling and getting in the way of fire-fighters if they melt (which they might if plastic).

haven't paid yet but problem is I don't know how to challenge this as NICEIC wont do anything unless I have a written complaint and give the gy time to fix but we don't have time as other trades need to get in
Maybe my comment was a bit harsh, it's the first couple of pictures that are not in zones, get him to tidy it up a bit.

Flipping heck, even I as a non electrician would do a far better job than that.
I would be telling them to keep off site, not paying and obtaining another electrician (one that will actually prove he is qualified) to redo it correctly.

Not if they are going to be buried in plaster.

In essence, the only situation in which clips have to be metal is if they are the only thing stopping cables falling and getting in the way of fire-fighters if they melt (which they might if plastic).
I see, so I assume the same would apply in ceiling joists as they are covered with plasterboard isolating them.

Flipping heck, even I as a non electrician would do a far better job than that.
I would be telling them to keep off site, not paying and obtaining another electrician (one that will actually prove he is qualified) to redo it correctly.
he could argue that he would want the money for the first fix, I'm not sure how to argue my way out of this. I was thinking of getting another electrician to inspect the first fix then report back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back