Can Kamala Harris win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Younger voters in particular were among her biggest gains."

No surprise

Sponsored Links
I didn't mention ideology,I referred to a set of moral values which are universal.
Moral my arse.
The very fact that these faux people of fairh, feel teed to underline their disgusting 'politics' with thir pleading...."but we believe in God", says it all.

Moral my arse.
The very fact that these faux people of fairh, feel teed to underline their disgusting 'politics' with thir pleading...."but we believe in God", says it all.
they only believe in one particular god, and only in selected parts of her teachings as expressed by certain people.

a set of moral values which are universal.

Are these the universal values that sometimes say slavery is OK, and sometimes it isn't?

That genocide is permitted? But murder is not?

That sometimes a man can have multiple wives, and sometimes only one, and sometimes he can marry another man, but sometimes he must be put to death for it?

That mutilation of childrens genitals is permitted, and sometimes it is compulsory?

That a professional religious man must sometimes be a married family man, and sometimes must be single and celibate?

That you must wear a hat to show respect for a god, and you must take your hat off to show respect for a god?

Nothing universal about the rules people choose to suit their habits and prejudices of the time.

Sponsored Links
Moral my arse.

they only believe in one particular god, and only in selected parts of her teachings as expressed by certain people.

There is a separate new thread on Northern Ireland and Ireland.

The "universality" of moral and religious beliefs is not limited to NI.
1722183537429.png

The "universality" of moral and religious beliefs is not limited to NI.

But that is what this particular conversation has been about. Vinty has been talking about an idea for apartheid in Northern Ireland based on morals. I think a lot of posters really appreciate having a thread which just focuses on the US election.

Last edited:
Do you see the contradiction.
Yes and no, it's good that (younger) protestants can see the benefit of unification. History shows that leading home rule figures were as likely to be protestant as catholic. there was a deliberate attempt in the 19th century to associate catholicism with independence.

Are these the universal values that sometimes say slavery is OK, and sometimes it isn't?

That genocide is permitted? But murder is not?

That sometimes a man can have multiple wives, and sometimes only one, and sometimes he can marry another man, but sometimes he must be put to death for it?

That mutilation of childrens genitals is permitted, and sometimes it is compulsory?

That a professional religious man must sometimes be a married family man, and sometimes must be single and celibate?

That you must wear a hat to show respect for a god, and you must take your hat off to show respect for a god?

Nothing universal about the rules people choose to suit their habits and prejudices of the time.
I agree with most of that.

Moral my arse.
Why are you bringing religion into it?

Your earlier picture did not show title, dates or percentages.

This version is more informative.

View attachment 350523
yeah, i lifted it from the Economist website and assumed folk would know Red=Republican and Blue=Democrat - at the rate Harris is climbing in the polls she'll overtake the Trumpster by the time of the DMC. Like i said earlier in the thread, there's no reason she cannot maintain her momentum and take it to the Oval Office.

This is good run down on Harris's "weakness" however it finishes with this comment
Since the bill failed in the Senate, Biden has taken executive actions to crack down on asylum-seeking. Last month, unlawful border crossings fell to the lowest monthly number of his presidency, lower than they were in some months under Trump in 2019. Biden highlighted that in his speech to the country Wednesday, saying “border crossings are lower today” than they were in the Trump era.
Figures bear that out. Near the highest deportation level ever achieved.

One problem country
In 2017, Trump had imposed sanctions blocking the Venezuelan government and oil firms from accessing international credit markets.
He didn't like the flavour of some one who was elected - oil and the general public related. Net effect little or no oil exports so no money coming in. 30% of the population are said to have left. They have the largest oil reserves.
One of the benefits of imposing sanctions on oil producing countries, is that the price of oil goes up, America as a major oil producer benefits from higher prices.

While America bans Russian oil, they still import large amounts of Russian Uranium.

Although the American government passed legislation last May to ban the import of Russian uranium, it will take years to wean America off Russian imports.
Who knows, if Trump gets in he may start importing it again as part of some deal with Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back