Can Kamala Harris win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't whether it is the Twitter sound quality, but the Elmer Fudd thing is really funny. Trump is so obsessed with his image that he is going to hate this. He sounds like an old man in a nursing home boring his grandchildren. I've just stared listening to a bit at 2hrs 29mins for a couple of minutes and I can't stop laughing.

https://x.com/realDonaldTrump

I'm glad other people have noticed. I was worrying it was just me!

'Trump low-key sounds like a cartoon on this Twitter space. His mic catches a crazy lisp,' wrote one listener.
Another wondered: 'Trump sounded like he was slurring his words a bit. Did he get dental work done? Elon sounds like he always does.'
However, left wing streamer Hasan Piker defended Trump, claiming it was how X Spaces' audio quality always made people sound.
'It's probably due to audio compression issues but trump sounds like he has a lisp'.

However, former CNN journalist Chris Cillizza wondered how Trump would react to the glut of memes posted online from the supposed lisp.
'Trump lisp is SUPER pronounced. Probably the only thing he will care about when he reads coverage of this interview', he wrote.

Sponsored Links
S
It might be really good, or, very very very bad.
Seems they managed 2hrs. I assume that report is true. Getting a balanced view of the content probably impossible. It has been noticed that Musk over a period has become more and more right wing.

BBC broadcasted a couple of clips. Trump on Harris as usual and Musk agreed. It seems BBC has done a fact check on the claims in the conversations. On the web,

It has been noticed that Musk over a period has become more and more right wing.

He blames his trans-gender daughter. Scary that he is one of the world's most powerful men. He seems just as vengeful as Trump.

In an interview released on Monday, Elon Musk – electric car entrepreneur, US government rocket contractor, and outright owner of the social media service X (formerly Twitter) – claimed that his daughter Vivian Wilson’s transition was the trigger for his recent right-wing turn.

"Essentially... my son is dead," said Musk. "Killed by the woke mind virus. So I vowed to destroy the woke mind virus after that. And we’re making some progress."

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/elon-musk-trans-daughter-b2588278.html

Sponsored Links
Everything has gone extremely smoothly for Kamala Harris so far. The Democrat convention starts Monday, which should give her another major boost. The only real fly in the ointment is over Gaza. She has already had to handle two demonstrations at her rallies from those wanting her to be much tougher on Israel. But they are expecting much more serious problems at the convention. Apparently the state of Michigan especially is a problem. It is home to more than a million muslims and it is going to be a crucial state in the election, so as a bloc they have some leverage. Activists are calling for an arms embargo to be placed on Israel and they don't seem to want to compromise. This could be very, very tricky!

Thousands of demonstrators are expected in the streets and the parks of Chicago for next week’s Democratic National Convention, most of them to protest the U.S. role in the war in Gaza. But officials are concerned about the potential for a more embarrassing spectacle: prime-time disruptions inside the arena itself.

About 30 uncommitted delegates representing the Democratic primary voters who opposed President Biden — largely over what they see as his tilt toward Israel in the brutal war launched after the Hamas attacks last October — will have unfettered access to make their voices heard.

Everything has gone extremely smoothly for Kamala Harris so far. The Democrat convention starts Monday, which should give her another major boost. The only real fly in the ointment is over Gaza. She has already had to handle two demonstrations at her rallies from those wanting her to be much tougher on Israel. But they are expecting much more serious problems at the convention. Apparently the state of Michigan especially is a problem. It is home to more than a million muslims and it is going to be a crucial state in the election, so as a bloc they have some leverage. Activists are calling for an arms embargo to be placed on Israel and they don't seem to want to compromise. This could be very, very tricky!

Given their realistic choice of Kamala or Trump, who do you think the majority will vote for?
And if they abstain, it might allow Trump in.
Once they realise that, they'll vote for Kamala.

Given their realistic choice of Kamala or Trump, who do you think the majority will vote for?
And if they abstain, it might allow Trump in.
Once they realise that, they'll vote for Kamala.

There is the possibility of a third party candidate. Hillary lost in 2016 because many of those on the left wouldn't vote for her. This is something they are definitely worried about.

I saw a survey thing on CNBC. As well as asking people which side they were going to vote for, they asked about the candidates.
Everyone thought KH was OK as a person, a lot thought DT was not. That must swing some swingers.

There is the possibility of a third party candidate. Hillary lost in 2016 because many of those on the left wouldn't vote for her. This is something they are definitely worried about.
Chase Oliver, is more pro Palestinian that Kamala, but he's gay. He's only 39 years old. He wants to dissolve the Federal Reserve. I think he's too young and USA isn't ready yet for a Gay POTUS.
Jill Stein is a Green candidate. Do you think USA is ready for a Green POTUS yet?
Robert F Kennedy. Anti Vaccine ideology. His best attribute is being John F's nephew.
Cornel West. Strong critic of Obama. A progressive Activist, i.e. further left than Democrats. I don't think US, in general, will go further left than Democrats.

Jill Stein won't drop out, it's her third attempt.
l.

It doesn't take much to get grammar nerds going...

Debate about possessive proper names ending in s started soon after Joe Biden cleared the way for Harris to run last month. Is it Harris’ or Harris’s? The selection of Walz with his sounds-like-an-s surname really ramped it up, said Benjamin Dreyer, the retired copy chief at Random House and author of Dreyer’s English: An Utterly Correct Guide to Clarity and Style.

For the record, i'm in favour of Harris' :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back