Congratulations sir kier

Sponsored Links
Get ready for 20 mile an hour restrictions all over UK

Don't worry about that old thing. Had it in Bristol for years and no one ever takes any notice. If you try driving at 20, a queue will soon form behind you and one or two will overtake. I just carried on driving at 30 when it was introduced. 20 is painful and bad for the engine and environment. It's nuts because some main roads are 30 and lesser roads are 20, so you can drive down a 30 road, into a 20, then back into another 30 in no time at all. Keeping an eye out for speed signs and another for potholes - I wouldn't have any eyes left to watch the road. Had one or two scares with the cash generator speed van, but never a ticket - touch wood.

Last edited:
The British public overwhelmingly got behind labour thinking they would do a great job yep their share of the vote went up by 1 or 2% from the corbyn debacle
That's First Past the Post for you. Lib Dems up 1% with loads more seats, SNP down 1% with loads fewer.

Sponsored Links
The British public overwhelmingly got behind labour thinking they would do a great job yep their share of the vote went up by 1 or 2% from the corbyn debacle
It was more about giving the Tories a punishment beating than support for Labour.

Was overall turnout around 60%? Those who didn't vote across the UK better be keeping their traps SHUT as the weeks and months roll by.

Sunak on Starmer. He is a decent public spirited man. Good luck to him. Anyone is going to need that especially as many will expect fast results. Starmer on that and Tory really - not on.

The Tory opinions on him are interesting. They have worked with him when he was a rather senior civil servant and some of the work was change. He got on with it. He's that sort of bloke. He sees it as right and gets on with it.

Cambell came out with some interesting comments. He was very near quitting Labour in the Corbin times. Cambell talking to him about ideas on what to do. He outlined his campaign aims and promptly got on with it.

LOL He sounds dangerous. However all of these noises - you are Labour why aren't you doing this and that. The reason is pretty simple. Cost. They throw in the OBR which effectively should rule problems in that area out.

There is a problem the IFS pointed out. No party can guarantee not having to increase taxation so they should state which ones they would increase.

There is a problem looming. Significant job losses in a particular area. The numbers are such that it will also have an effect on others who are employed in the same area. Tata steel and it's blast furnaces sited here. There is a pot of gov money available for an upgrade of one but those invariably mean less people. Can any party do anything about that? The people concerned and maybe others will blame the gov. Tata - they say these furnaces are loosing them too much money. That may relate to importing or might not.

I just assumed he was a lord already - at the very least. Certainly gives that impression.
1720182602145.png

You are probably thinking of this bloke.
It's a common mistake.

Farage now sees the Tory as done, Part look at results give a mixed answer. The Tory have lost votes there but would it have change results if they hadn't? It sounded dubious to me but maybe some channel will take a more thorough look.

Farage now wants to target labour. What will he use?

60% turnout - it looks to me that higher levels wouldn't have really changed things.

It was heartening to read today on the news that Liz Truss has lost her MP post in Norfolk. She's still never apologized to British businesses and British people generally for her disastrous policy of borrowing billions of money to create tax cuts for the super rich which created a run on the UK stock market. A lot of people lost everything.

Sponsored Links
Back