Could Brexit create new manufacturing.

It's going to come back and bite the UK in the bum big time, especially with what is looming shortly!
Apprenticeships and on the job training vanished because our manufacturing went abroad.Minus the EU we can re- start manufacturing....Sorted.

Sponsored Links
Maybe, but we'll probably get them from China or pay more for US products as part of some awesome trade deal.

I see your point but the likes of WB give big warranties and have strong competition, so would be looking local where they can manage quality control. Some boiler manufacturers are offering 12 year warranties so their boilers need to be bullet proof.

Sponsored Links
I see your point but the likes of WB give big warranties and have strong competition, so would be looking local where they can manage quality control. Some boiler manufacturers are offering 12 year warranties so their boilers need to be bullet proof.

Which boilers do you recommend - large domestic property.

Or you can't go wrong with any of the big three? Viessmaan, Vaillant or WB?

Who is giving a 12 year warranty?

It is possible though, but the next issue is, will people want to pay more?
I work in retail now, and we manufacture items in China as well as supply similar good from British manufacturers. The British made products are better quality, but they are also 3-4 times more - but some customers still want to pay £500 for a £2000 product, because they can see a cheaper alternative.

But we do have companies like Vaillant making boilers in the UK already - do many plumbers chose UK at the moment?

Which boilers do you recommend - large domestic property.

Or you can't go wrong with any of the big three? Viessmaan, Vaillant or WB?

Who is giving a 12 year warranty?

I have a Viesmann in my house I think they are the best. Ideal do 12 years. Good solid but boilers and up there with Vaillant and WB

What sort of system are you thinking of?

I have a Viesmann in my house I think they are the best. Ideal do 12 years. Good solid but boilers and up there with Vaillant and WB

What sort of system are you thinking of?

Up in the air. Was thinking of a floor standing storage combi or a system plus unvented cylinder. But then also air source and ground pump and getting more solar panels. In either case my bigger problem it seems is low water pressure - need to call the water company out to sort that out first.

There is so much out there - exciting times being a heating engineer.

Up in the air. Was thinking of a floor standing storage combi or a system plus unvented cylinder. But then also air source and ground pump and getting more solar panels. In either case my bigger problem it seems is low water pressure - need to call the water company out to sort that out first.

:LOL:orgasmic

Im too old to get into new energies. My advice would be keep clear of a combi for a big property.
If you have the room, System boiler, Unvented with a secondary return and if you cant get good pressure you could go with a Compact booster water set
home-booster_4.jpg

Saying that I would look into the Air and Ground source heat pumps.
I remember seeing these at the Junkers factory in Stuttgart 15 years back. Wow very impressed. by now tried and tested and the way forward.

Sponsored Links
Back