Damp homes, and private tenants

I have 2 properties that have 15" solid walls, unable to be insulated, they don't have damp or mould prob's as the tenants are quite clued up, also both properties have open fires, ie passive ventilation

Sponsored Links
I have 2 properties that have 15" solid walls, unable to be insulated, they don't have damp or mould prob's as the tenants are quite clued up, also both properties have open fires, ie passive ventilation
Good, maybe passive ventilation is required in some affected properties.

Ventilation is important, but it needs to be done sensibly. Premium insulated modern homes could happily exist (with no mould issues) with very little ventilation.
of course they could thats why every window in a house has to have a vent in it

Sponsored Links
I have 2 properties that have 15" solid walls, unable to be insulated
Any wall can be insulated.
they don't have damp or mould prob's as the tenants are quite clued up, also both properties have open fires, ie passive ventilation
We don't insulate properties (to a decent standard) based upon what we think the occupants may or may not do. For example, we won't forego insulation altogether if we think the homeowners are likely to open a window, or eat out a lot, or outsource their laundry, or shower at the golf club and gym.

No, what we do is endeavour to make the building mould free, no matter the occupants and their wildly varying lifestyles.

You can achieve this with robust insulation, and adequate ventilation.

So you agree it's a combination of insulation and ventilation, and not just 1 or the other?
Insulation 75% Ventilation 25%

And that is being generous, especially buildings since June 2022. The only real weak point in (post June 2022) buildings are the openings - specifically the glass. Metal doors and steel beams require thought.
The main issue with the idiocy of relying solely on (opening windows) ventilation is the Winter months. Mechanical ventilation is usually limited to specific zones. No good for vapour rich rooms located away from the extractor fans.

Good, maybe passive ventilation is required in some affected properties.
Passive ventilation will only go so far. ,In some cases passive ventilation isnt worth a w4nk. Also trickle vents can be closed, which is often the case with those that live on a busy main road etc. And the same reason they don't want their windows open.

So you agree it's a combination of insulation and ventilation, and not just 1 or the other?
would you like to quote me where i said it wasnt ?
But having worked in well over 50,000 occupied houses of just about every single building style and quality spanning centuries with all the different lifestyles those occupants lead as opposed to nosealls minuscule amount in comparison those of us that see it first hand do see the same causes in a helluva lot of cases.

would you like to quote me where i said it wasnt ?
But having worked in well over 50,000 occupied houses of just about every single building style and quality spanning centuries with all the different lifestyles those occupants lead as opposed to nosealls minuscule amount in comparison those of us that see it first hand do see the same causes in a helluva lot of cases.
post 131

Yes. I was involved in a ten figure EWI programme, the benefits are clear.
It costs a lot less for the Rigsbys on here to shout at the occupants to open a window. It's obvious why they want to blame the occupants rather than spend on expensive insulation.

Parasites.

The one which has the black mould is insulated to modern standards just has a ****** tenant, the others have virtually no insulation and sensible tenants, you work it out nose f all

It costs a lot less for the Rigsbys on here to shout at the occupants to open a window. It's obvious why they want to blame the occupants rather than spend on expensive insulation.

Parasites.
now that shows his stupidity wall and loft insulation was being fitted free for a good ten plus years and up until a couple of years ago you could get upto ten thousand quid in grants for insulation etc and even paying for insulation it would work out cheaper than constantly repairing damp .
He should be a politician the way the mouth starts before the brain engages

Sponsored Links
Back