Damp homes, and private tenants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damp and/or mould in a rented property is NEVER caused by the tenant, got it? It's ALWAYS due to an issue with the building itself.
Water vapour is produced by the tenant. ALWAYS.

Condensation/mould is a result of the crap insulated building.

Sponsored Links
Is that clear?
Your understanding of how to insulate and protect a building against mould and condensation, is pretty foggy to say the least. Tenants ALWAYS produce water vapour. Only poorly insulated properties suffer with mould.

Why would that be, do we never get a dry day during the winter months?
Dry and cold. Towels get very stiff and not particularly user friendly unless they are aired indoors.

People in the UK dry their bath towel indoors. Always. They also dry their smalls on radiators. Always.

Tell me you've heard of a towel rail?

Sponsored Links
Show me where I said that.
And, if you read the post above your last post, you'll see my reasoning behind my post.
We get a few dry days, but always struggle to get washing dry outdoors in the winter months and some of the sprinng and autumn too.

I'm impressed that you manage, or alternatively you don't do much washing

I never dry clothes inside, but then, it's my house.
What happens when you come in from the rain?

Irrelevant in any case. If you cook and breathe indoors, then you are introducing moisture, into the home. As with all buildings, the moment they are occupied, internal moisture content increases regardless of wet towels. Some homes will go mouldy, well insulated homes will not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back