Damp homes, and private tenants

Sponsored Links
I had 2 properties (professionally) insulated in 2021 - Both of them now have Black Mould in the oddest of spots.
I can foresee issues as and when insulating homes is ramped up. Here in Scotland there's a minimum C EPC coming into force and one of the things promoted is cavity wall insulation.

Cue the cowboys, some of whom might even end up with government contracts, and lots of property owners left with sub-standard installations.

well one of mine 11 inch solid concrete walled house so cold to the touch loft very well insulated we lived in it as kids no heating for first ten years then heating put in 1982 , then double glazed around 2006 sold in 2007 never any damp or mould issues. Bought back in 2014 no indications of any mould or damp
Tenant in and drying clothes on rads etc windows never opened mould starts appearing in the bedrooms and built in wardrobes .
Tenant moves out after 5 years and new tenant been there for the last 5 years and not even a hint of mould now was it the tenants or the house causing the mould

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
well one of mine 11 inch solid concrete walled house so cold to the touch loft very well insulated we lived in it as kids no heating for first ten years then heating put in, then double glazed around 2006 sold in 2007 never any damp or mould issues. Bought back in 2014 no indications of any mould or damp
Tenant in and drying clothes on rads etc windows never opened mould starts appearing in the bedrooms and built in wardrobes .
Tenant moves out after 5 years and new tenant been there for the last 5 years and not even a hint of mould now was it the tenants or the house causing the mould
As per my earlier post, sometimes the cause is 100% the tenant.

Why do all landlords in here think all landlords are as good as they are.

Why not be annoyed with bad landlords?. They are the ones that get you labelled

Have any LLs on here asserted that all LLs are good? Of course there are bad LLs and yes, it causes the entire sector to be tarred with the same brush. This also holds true for LLs that increase rents to ridiculously high levels. Again, they give moderate LLs a bad name.

However, for those LLs that do everything above board and are essentially good LLs, the fact remains (certainly up here in Scotland) the system is quite heavily favoured in terms of tenants when the tenant does something counter to the tenancy agreement e.g. stop paying rent, leave the property trashed etc. Technically, LLs have legal mechanisms they can follow to address this. In reality, they usually get nowhere due to a number of factors.

A lot of bad landlords are in fact local authorities or housing assosiation, all the private landlords that I know and have worked for in the past give good value for money, yet the government always wants to make things more difficult for them.

dont think i have seen anyone say all landlords are good . The landlords i do work for are all good landlords they will spend money on any problem that occurs as soon as they can get someone and no quibble at all when i tell them this or that needs doing .
And yep there is some shyte ones out there who will leave people without heat etc for weeks and its not only those without the capital behind them that do it some very wealthy landlords also treat tenants like shyte .
Same as there is some cracking tenants out there that keep the properties like a new pin and. some who trash and wreck them and im talking animal and human shyte laying all around the house .
I know some of you have not got the slightest clue about how some people live and can make a house a complete shyte hole in a very short space of time.
Last week i told a mate he better get the agents around to one of his only 10 weeks ago it was decorated and new carpets etc throughout absolute immaculate on being let to new tenants and its a shyte hole already carpets stained walls stained and absolutely stinking

Have any LLs on here asserted that all LLs are good? Of course there are bad LLs and yes, it causes the entire sector to be tarred with the same brush. This also holds true for LLs that increase rents to ridiculously high levels. Again, they give moderate LLs a bad name.

However, for those LLs that do everything above board and are essentially good LLs, the fact remains (certainly up here in Scotland) the system is quite heavily favoured in terms of tenants when the tenant does something counter to the tenancy agreement e.g. stop paying rent, leave the property trashed etc. Technically, LLs have legal mechanisms they can follow to address this. In reality, they usually get nowhere due to a number of factors.
I've never complained about good landlords.

But I've never seen a good landlord complain about the bad ones.

Just, how hard done by they are

dont think i have seen anyone say all landlords are good . The landlords i do work for are all good landlords they will spend money on any problem that occurs as soon as they can get someone and no quibble at all when i tell them this or that needs doing .
And yep there is some shyte ones out there who will leave people without heat etc for weeks and its not only those without the capital behind them that do it some very wealthy landlords also treat tenants like shyte .
Same as there is some cracking tenants out there that keep the properties like a new pin and. some who trash and wreck them and im talking animal and human shyte laying all around the house .
I know some of you have not got the slightest clue about how some people live and can make a house a complete shyte hole in a very short space of time.
Last week i told a mate he better get the agents around to one of his only 10 weeks ago it was decorated and new carpets etc throughout absolute immaculate on being let to new tenants and its a shyte hole already carpets stained walls stained and absolutely stinking
I'm not tarring all landlords as bad

But if you don't recognise them and want them sorted, the good ones just get labelled like the bad ones.

There are good and bad tenants, and landlords

I'm not tarring all landlords as bad

But if you don't recognise them and want them sorted, the good ones just get labelled like the bad ones.

There are good and bad tenants, and landlords
Who isn't 'recognising' them?

What do you expect the average (decent) landlord to do? Take to the streets?

What do you think should be done about bad landlords?

Who defines a landlord as good bad or other?

I'm sure you can see where this goes.

Sponsored Links
Back