Damp homes, and private tenants

Sponsored Links
What do you think should be done about bad landlords?

Who defines a landlord as good bad or other?

I'm sure you can see where this goes.
tbh no, I'm not sure where this goes.

Government and local councils define the measures a landlord should be taking, including being registered with them as a landlord.

The tenancy agreement details the responsibility of both parties.

To me, a registered landlord who maintains a decent property and doesn't charge ridiculously high rent is a good landlord.

A tenant who sticks to their side of the tenancy agreement is a good tenant.

What makes me laugh is there was talk up here of creating some sort of formal (i.e. council run) register of landlords where tenants could leave feedback, thus enabling prospective tenants to see if a landlord is good, so so or bad.

MMmmm, fair enough. Can we also therefore have a similar register for landlords to leave ratings for tenants? What do you think the answer would be to that.

No parity ;)

Sponsored Links
tbh no, I'm not sure where this goes.

Government and local councils define the measures a landlord should be taking, including being registered with them as a landlord.

The tenancy agreement details the responsibility of both parties.

To me, a registered landlord who maintains a decent property and doesn't charge ridiculously high rent is a good landlord.

A tenant who sticks to their side of the tenancy agreement is a good tenant.

What makes me laugh is there was talk up here of creating some sort of formal (i.e. council run) register of landlords where tenants could leave feedback, thus enabling prospective tenants to see if a landlord is good, so so or bad.

MMmmm, fair enough. Can we also therefore have a similar register for landlords to leave ratings for tenants? What do you think the answer would be to that.

No parity ;)
What I was getting at is that to recognise good or bad landlords. Somebody or some group has to define and decide.

To achieve that there has to be an assessment, and therefore a list of standards, achieved or not.

Means the good landlords have got to jump through hoops so that the bad ones stand out.

So to be a good landlord you've got to accept an independent party judge you.

Can't just accept what any landlord says and defines themselves as.

and the shyte tenants will still wreck them with the public picking up the repair bills .
But you don't want them as your tenants I guess?

The councils should be able to make enough from all their tenants to cover all the repairs and upkeep. And all the hassle that goes with it.

pray tell me how is it equitable that the decent tenants who look after their properties and have some pride should subside the ner do wells who just trash thers?

What I was getting at is that to recognise good or bad landlords. Somebody or some group has to define and decide.

To achieve that there has to be an assessment, and therefore a list of standards, achieved or not.

Means the good landlords have got to jump through hoops so that the bad ones stand out.

So to be a good landlord you've got to accept an independent party judge you.

Can't just accept what any landlord says and defines themselves as.
???

What on EARTH are you talking about?

Landlords that choose to fly below the radar will continue to do so. No 'assessment' is going to assess them, because in a registered landlord sense they don't exist.

All that happens with ever tighter legislation and rules is that registered 'good' landlords are squeezed more and more. It matters not a jot to 'bad' landlords because they'll do all the can to avoid being known to the authorities.

As for this 'independent party' you seem to desire, will it also be legislated that they judge tenants to ensure they're also keeping up their end of the agreement?

Sponsored Links
Back