EV are they worth it?

I agree on the last point, wholeheartedly. None of the current generation of EVs is 20 years old yet. However, it's such a basic statistical practice, that I would really hope the figures are quoted per 100,000 (or 10,000 ) of each AND that the statistical samples are selected so as to avoid skewing the sample sets of each group. (In other words, not going out of their way to count all the 20+ year old ICE "bangers", but only counting EVs under a year old)!
One would hope that. But does one expect it?

I'm fairly certain that's the case anyway, because those same figures also include hybrids (which are even worse than ICEs!) and they haven't been out much longer than EVs have. To me, that's the most telling feature that leads me to believe this is nothing more than a propaganda war. There are dozens of anti-EV posts citing the fire risk, yet none of the people scaremongering about EV fire risks, ever say a word about hybrids - despite them being the worst of the three!
Oh they do mention that.

Sponsored Links
One would hope that. But does one expect it?

No way of telling, without seeing the source data, but it is pretty much "Chapter 1, Page 1" stuff, is it not?

Oh they do mention that.

I don't remember any on here? Certainly on all the memes and YouTube videos, the ire is directed firmly at pure EVs, rather than hybrids (which, ironically, are selling like hot cakes)!

No way of telling, without seeing the source data, but it is pretty much "Chapter 1, Page 1" stuff, is it not?
Not to some admin assistant who's never been taught statistics and who has been given the job of answering a question from an equally untaught journalist.

I don't remember any on here? Certainly on all the memes and YouTube videos, the ire is directed firmly at pure EVs, rather than hybrids (which, ironically, are selling like hot cakes)!
I've seen people quoting the HEV stats on YT.

OOI, does anybody know why they are so much worse?

Not to some admin assistant who's never been taught statistics and who has been given the job of answering a question from an equally untaught journalist.

Maybe, but this isn't a conversation that's going anywhere, as neither of us actually knows, one way or the other!

I've seen people quoting the HEV stats on YT.

Yes, the stats are freely available, but have you seen hysterical folk like the people Nutjob links to, prophesying a fiery death if you go in a hybrid or even live in a house that has one charging in the garage?

OOI, does anybody know why they are so much worse?

No. I just assume it's a packaging problem. So much stuff to fit under the car - including stuff that probably shouldn't be near a hot exhaust?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In fairness I think that's the crux of the problem, ie being forced to have one. Speaking for myself, if there wasn't any politician mandating that I must have one (not forgetting they will force this by making ICE ownership increasingly more difficult and expensive) I wouldn't care about these battery contraptions. It's the lack of choice and being forced into untried and under/un developed technology that grates.

By continually banging home the obvious and many pitfalls of EV ownership, the hope is that someone will start taking some notice and stop the mad headlong rush into forcing unsuitable vehicles on the masses. Hopefully wiser people will wake up - bit like an emperor's clothes type situation. Because, face facts, if lots more people, especially those with no home charging facilities bought EVs, it would be chaos with the patchy charging infrastructure we have.

Almost like communist state control where you will have a Lada or Trabant - no matter how ridiculous the form of transport is. Just think yourself lucky.
Don't forget though that none of that will matter when we've all been geofenced into our 15-minute cities ghettos, the WEF have confiscated all our private property anyway, and the chemtrails will have addled our brains so that we don't even notice.

Don't forget though that none of that will matter when we've all been geofenced into our 15-minute cities ghettos, the WEF have confiscated all our private property anyway, and the chemtrails will have addled our brains so that we don't even notice.
:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Back