EV are they worth it?

The cost of inconvenience. With ice, it's use and forget.

I drove my EV out of the showroom and used it, and forgot about servicing for two years. I forgot about oil changes (or even checking the oil). I forgot about clutches, exhausts (and to a large extent, brakes). I forgot about my ice scraper, because I never need it now. I forgot about any low emissions zones, because I know I already comply. I forgot about gear changes, because there aren't any. I forgot about cats, DPFs, EGR valve, turbos, injectors, because it'll never need any. I forgot about letting the oil warm up before I give it the beans, because I no longer need to. I forgot to worry about doing short runs in cold weather because it makes no difference. Most of the time, I even forget about finding a fuel station, because I happen to live in one... :giggle:

What you guys forget, is that I've been driving ICEs for 40-odd years... I already know what they're like!:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Recently looked up the list prices of the cheapest ICE an EV Corsas just to compare difference in cost. The EV was approx £8500 more than it's ICE equivalent. That's one major extra cost for inferior tech.

Expecting a battery fanatic who has the EV religion to come along and say this is nonsense and I imagined it.

Recently looked up the list prices of the cheapest ICE an EV Corsas just to compare difference in cost. The EV was approx £8500 more than it's ICE equivalent. That's one major extra cost for inferior tech.

Expecting a battery fanatic who has the EV religion to come along and say this is nonsense and I imagined it.

1728377408032.png

, but do I have to pull your pants up for you as well?! :ROFLMAO:

I would say you had YOUR pants pulled down, the day you bought an EV. :ROFLMAO:

Please, when putting your side of an argument, however weak, at least put the whole of your case - not just half of it. :rolleyes:

Twelve hundred quid extra to downgrade to the Dacia EV. Robbin' Romanian b'stards!!

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
I would say you had YOUR pants pulled down, the day you bought an EV. :ROFLMAO:

Remember... I didn't buy it - I keep telling everyone it's a company car! :)

Please, when putting your side of an argument, however weak, at least put the whole of your case - not just half of it. :rolleyes:

Twelve hundred quid extra to downgrade to the Dacia EV. Robbin' Romanian b'stards!!
Come down a bit from the £8500 EV/ICE price differential that you were claiming, based on your Corsa, though...;)

Sponsored Links
Back