EV are they worth it?

I did, well worthwhile, though it may not be what you want to hear. Basically, it's made by someone in the trade, a car dealer, someone who knows what he is talking about, expressing his views on EV's, and their true costs of ownership, and how much more they cost to buy, and run, than an ICE. He seems totally honest, completely down to earth, debunking many of the myths of ownership of EV's.

That'll be a first! A car dealer who knows what they're talking about! Just about every car dealer I've ever met (including the ones who work for us) are absolute masters at telling their potential customers exactly what they want to hear. They'll say whatever it takes to get the deal...

Sponsored Links
Had to smile today. Long country road. I was behind an EV Kia which, in turn, was behind Golf GTI with a couple of lads in it. We got to one of the few decent overtaking straights and we both just whipped past the lads in the Golf, like it was standing still. It was making a fair bit of noise, mind, and I'm sure they thought they were going really fast... Bless...

Yes, I grant you they are good for acceleration, but so is my diesel, when I need it, which is very rare - and the period of acceleration quite brief, otherwise I end up way over the speed limits.

That'll be a first! A car dealer who knows what they're talking about! Just about every car dealer I've ever met (including the ones who work for us) are absolute masters at telling their potential customers exactly what they want to hear. They'll say whatever it takes to get the deal...

Odd you should say that, because he said exactly the same. Are you absolutely sure you haven't watched it?

Sponsored Links
EV's causing sales of diesels to surge. Even I am thinking of getting one. I need something like the bmw 216 grand tourer 7 seater. But they don't make that any more.

EV's causing sales of diesels to surge.
They are not.

Some car publication dug about into registration figures for September and found that within the already insignificant 6.4% of those that were diesels, the number of private buyers had increased.
They failed to mention that as overall diesel registrations were down for September, the number of fleet and business registrations also fell significantly.

They are not.

Some car publication dug about into registration figures for September and found that within the already insignificant 6.4% of those that were diesels, the number of private buyers had increased.
They failed to mention that as overall diesel registrations were down for September, the number of fleet and business registrations also fell significantly.

That's exactly it, but since when did Nutjob ever post facts? :ROFLMAO:

Here are the real figures for September and year-to-date, compare to last September and the previous year-to-date. Pure petrol and diesels are both falling. BEVs and hybrids are up.

1728296143610.png

That's interesting. I got special low-dust EBC pads for one of my cars to achieve that.

It's uncanny! After years of driving ICEs, I was genuinely gobsmacked when I came to wash it! I can't say there's no dust at all, because there is, but nothing like what I get on an ICE vehicle.

Here are the real figures for September and year-to-date, compare to last September and the previous year-to-date. Pure petrol and diesels are both falling. BEVs and hybrids are up.

Increase, most likely due to first time buyers, how many of those will become second time buyers, once they realise the true cost of ownership, beyond the hype? You can fool some of the people, some of the time......

Increase, most likely due to first time buyers, how many of those will become second time buyers, once they realise the true cost of ownership, beyond the hype? You can fool some of the people, some of the time......

I appreciate you're putting up as good a fight as you can against progress, but you are slowly, and steadily losing the war...

Sponsored Links
Back