EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
Iirc, it is about twenty times less likely
I've read something similar.

Insurance companies tend to be the best place for risks, it's their job.

Not seen anything about their risk being as mentioned by Bernard. I'm certainly aware of the risk of many ICE vehicles, it's reflected in my Trade insurance cover whilst in my possesion. A list of specific vehicles I can say I don't want cover for if I don't work on them.

Agreed, but what did they have to make use of, when the wind didn't blow?
Currently it's mostly gas, which is because that is what we have available.
Wind power today mostly means we use a lot less gas.

If the wind always blew, and wind generation always generated at 100% of its maximum design capacity, then I would call it viable.
The usual trap of 'if it's not 100% perfect in every way we can't use it'.
With that attitude, nothing of any consequence would ever be built or used.

No one is suggesting that wind will magically replace 100% of electricity, or that solar will, or that EVs will become 100% of vehicles overnight. It's not possible to go from nothing to finished in one step.

Wind, solar, EVs, batteries, interconnectors and all the rest are just elements of a lengthy process to remove reliance on oil and gas. It will take decades and a lot of this has only just started. However not to start changing anything at all because it's not perfect already means that nothing will ever change.

Sponsored Links
Now there's an idea. I reckon a small bungalow is about 100 tonnes, so maybe we can have a system where we winch the entire house up in the air overnight, get a great view in the morning, and then the fall provides the energy for the day :D

Now there's an idea. I reckon a small bungalow is about 100 tonnes, so maybe we can have a system where we winch the entire house up in the air overnight, get a great view in the morning, and then the fall provides the energy for the day :D

Don't tempt the green eco zealot enviro fanatic tree-hugging carbon neutral nazis. They have enough crazy schemes of their own.

Back