Excess Deaths Debate 16th January 2024

Sponsored Links
Where do you find reliable information?
Do you think I should get it from them sites you post on here where you have a gut feeling they're telling the truth and you never question they might be pulling your ****er.

Do you think I should get it from them sites you post on here where you have a gut feeling they're telling the truth and you never question they might be pulling your ****er.
Show us where you get your information from then ?

Sponsored Links
Where do you find reliable information?

As usual it was in the framing. This explains how RW jumped on it.

I truly wist right wingers can all get together and go live in the Arctic or Antarctic away from normal people.

What does the science say?​

While vaccines remain very good at protecting against becoming severely ill with Covid, the protection they give against catching it and passing it on does wane more quickly.
Dr James told the BBC he was referring to a study that found a vaccinated person with Covid was just 2% less likely than an unvaccinated person to pass it on, 12 weeks after a second Oxford-AstraZeneca jab - he acknowledges his reference to "eight weeks" was an error.
But the same study found the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, which NHS staff are likely to have had, endured better. Vaccinated people had a 25% lower risk of infecting others than unvaccinated people after 12 weeks.
So it's fair to say the vaccines don't appear to be great at stopping you transmitting the virus once infected - but doctors and scientists told the BBC suggesting it doesn't protect others at all is overstating the case.
And research looking at an infected person's chance of passing the virus on doesn't tell the whole story - the vaccines can also reduce people's risk to others by stopping them catching the virus in the first place.
One paper found those vaccinated with Pfizer were 85% less likely than the unvaccinated to be infected with Covid after two weeks and 75% less likely after 12 weeks.
Vaccinated people also seem to clear the virus faster and have less of it in their system - reducing their chances of passing it on.
These studies all looked at the Delta variant, first identified in India.
Two vaccine doses appear to be less effective against catching and passing on Omicron infections - although, they are still good at preventing severe illness - but much of the benefit is restored with a third booster jab.

Oh look follow the science till it changes of course.
Do you understand science?

It evolves, with knowledge and understanding. Always trying to prove things are right or not.

But I'd prefer to trust the latest science to a gut feeling, which is based on..................... ?

If you think 1 doctor, on tv or not, supports your claim of lots of doctors refusing to take it, then that's your choice.

To me it points to a lack of evidence if you can't back it up. You made the claim, not me.

Conspiracy pile, along with all the rest of your comments and claims.
over 80,000 NHS staff were choosing not to have the vax.
EDIT to correct the 80,000 includs some who have a valid medical reason not to have it but that still leaves 52,000 choosing not to have the vax

Last edited:
Come back when you can back up your 1st claim, then we can move on to this 1
Its so easy for you to get your pants pulled down and made to look silly. But I have edited my post to correct a mistake the real figure is 52,000 when you take out those with a valid medical condition not having the vax

Sponsored Links
Back