Expanded ULEZ

Whether the masses like it or not, whether you believe the science or not, whether you think there are ulterior motives or not, regardless of who's in power, regardless of who the mayor is etc etc, this (environmental) train has been set in motion and won't stop. Fast forward a few decades and it'll be interesting to see how traffic flows around major cities and towns. It'll also be interesting to see if personal vehicle transport is also still possible for those on the lower financial rungs, or if they'll have been priced out altogether, with public transport or walking/cycling as their only options.

Sponsored Links
But they won't understand
Sadiq is carrying out Tory policies and they have the gall to moan. Fat lying dishonest digraced scumbag Boris, even has the neck to whinge about it in his shít paper, even though he started the caper. And his moron hornsmokers adore him.

Lol.

Sponsored Links
Sadiq is carrying out Tory policies and they have the gall to moan. Fat lying dishonest digraced scumbag Boris, even has the neck to whinge about it in his shít paper, even though he started the caper. And his moron hornsmokers adore him.

Lol.
What are you doing wasting time on here? Shouldn’t you be out picking up your cheap European labourers from the B&Q car park at this time of the day?

What are you doing wasting time on here?
We start a new job today. Don't want us there (this morning ) till 8 a.m.

Shouldn’t you be out picking up your cheap European labourers from the B&Q car park at this time of the day?
?
There is no (local) B&Q to me. Not even sure where you'd start, if you wanted cheap foreign labour. Never bothered myself.

What makes you think I did?

Lol.
Ken Livingston created the Congestion Charge, in 2000, for the most central parts of London. BJ, created a Toxicity charge for vehicles over 12 years old for the same area. This area has excellent public transport. Sadiq has expanded this to cover an area 5 times larger and now traps vehicles barely 8 years old in areas without good public transport. One of the strongest legal arguments against the scheme is that it is now an entirely different proposition.

It would be like me setting VAT at 10% and then you setting it to 50% and blaming it on my policy.

Lots of pre sept 2015 cars meet euro 6 at Mot test, but tfl aren’t interested.
Lots of people have registered their pre euro4 vehicles as compliant. The V5 document only lists emissions of cars registered after the implementation of euro4. Most manufacturers will have data of vehicles tested before euro4, ask them about your older vehicle, if it meets the criteria you can get a certificate of conformity from them, then notify DVLA and they will send a new V5 with the emission figures on it, NOx for petrol, NOx and particulates for diesel. I'm fairly sure this is the reason my old 2007 diesel car is registered as compliant. The term used is early adopters.

If you follow the process it is far from straight forward. You would think TfL would take direction in bulk, rather than on an individual basis.

One BMW 116d registered in 2015, is going to be the same as all for that period.

If you follow the process it is far from straight forward. You would think TfL would take direction in bulk, rather than on an individual basis.

One BMW 116d registered in 2015, is going to be the same as all for that period.
If the engines hadn't been updated in 2015 you'd have a point. Since they were you can see why it isn't that simple.

Sure. but there must be many 100s of each at least. It should have been a case of TfL taking submissions from the manufacturers and then updating the database. self registration should only have been reserved for people modifying their cars to be compliant.

They chose not to make it easy, probably in the hope people would pay, when they didn't have to.

I believe ULEZ is government policy and part of their green agenda plans
It was also Boris Johnson's idea.

In a speech to City Hall, Mr Johnson said: "Creating the world's first big city ultra low emission zone has the potential to be a game changing moment in the quality of life of our great capital."

Khan is just carrying on the work set out by Johnson.

Looks like people are raising a few awkward questions on all these changes.

Sponsored Links
Back