Get ready for the rises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, Truss was right. She wanted to increase NI to pay for the NHS :).

There are many areas which can/should be taxed, or allowances and benefits means-tested.
CGT of course.
Pensions attract all sorts of entitlements atm, , such as being free of inheritance tax, the 25k lump sum, the max limit on payments in,.
ISA allowances, Spread-betting exemption, various non-dom benefits. Private Schools we know about.
PIP payments are silly, the tory bloke wanted to cut that.
There are some extensions to allowances which can be stopped from going through now.
The income from recent changes to CGT and Divi taxes hasn't got into the system yet, and the growth improvement at the tag end of Sunak's reign will help.
Council taxes are due a review - posher gaffs could pay disproportionately more.

It's all very well, but it's proverbial rearranging of deckchairs on the Titanic. The country needs to earn more money. Start high-tech teaching academies and charge foreign students a fortune, ra ra. (Then send them home, and no Chinese, thank you).
Start a technical industrial sector. That one surprised me. The Tech Sector of the stock market has been earning its host countries' billions. Ammurica has a big one, France has one, Germany has one, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Netherlands...
Britain has a couple of drug companies, BAE, then minnows. The general view is that the UK does not have a tech sector.

There are grains, like this, but that's missing its best applications. The yanks have developed a monster on their shooty boats, which literally in a flash can disrupt incoming missiles or drones. It's cheap to use - no guided anti missile missiles. Works on all missiles apart from the Mach 9 ones .
There are rumours of trials of a smaller version taking place in Kent, after it was discovered to be excellent at melting holes in rubber boats.

Sponsored Links
But Labour said they would keep to the Conservative budgets and not raise taxes

The IFS said otherwise

Seems the IFS was on the ball
Murdochat, do you have a short memory?

Do you not remember the Conservatives and their client media s framing constantly about “Labour will raise taxes”

Labour couldn’t be honest about raising taxes because the Tories would’ve used it as an attack line

Brutal facts are that everybody knew except Labour.

credibility score going down and they can blame the previous government for only so long before the electorate stop listening to their excuses.
Here are some brutal facts for Tory voters:

The 2019 Conservative government put £80b of taxes rises in place

Jeremy Hunt in 2024 put 2% NI cut in place and tried selling it as “Conservatives are party of low taxes”

The 2% NI tax cut was a Labour trap, it was unfunded and unaffordable, Conservatives used it as a trap because they knew it wasn’t affordable but also,Labour couldn’t reverse it without public backlash

Sponsored Links
So you’re saying that labour purposely lied ?
Of course they did.

Conservatives always win power by promising to be the party of low taxes and then go onto raise them.

The 2019 Conservative govt put in place £80b of tax rises
In the 2024 election Tory MPs were claiming they were the party of lowering taxes.

So your saying that labour purposely lied ?
I’m surprised you didn’t vote Labour, you like voting for parties that lies to you.

You supported Boris…a liar
You supported Brexit….a lie
You support Trump…a liar

and you still voted for them ?
I’m surprised you didn’t vote Labour, you like voting for parties that lies to you.

You supported Boris…a liar
You supported Brexit….a lie
You support Trump…a liar

Why did Jeremy Hunt cut NI before the election, despite knowing there was no money to fund it?
the last time me and Jeremy had a pint together we just spoke about football and the weather the NI cut never came up

the last time me and Jeremy had a pint together we just spoke about football and the weather the NI cut never came up
Childish deflection

Come on, stop being a coward and explain why Jeremy Hunt cut NI just before the election despite knowing there was no money to pay for it

Childish deflection

Come on, stop being a coward and explain why Jeremy Hunt cut NI just before the election despite knowing there was no money to pay for it
no deflection whatsoever he never discussed it with me so how would i know , but if its the big issue why was it not the first policy that labour reversed instead of the two policies against pensioners instead of one that could benefit them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back