Get ready for the rises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Murdochat, do you have a short memory?

Do you not remember the Conservatives and their client media s framing constantly about “Labour will raise taxes”

Labour couldn’t be honest about raising taxes because the Tories would’ve used it as an attack line

So you agree that Labour lied about raising taxes

And yes I do stand by the fact the IFS stated the real position about the finances because I trust them, well ahead of all politicians

Sponsored Links
So you agree that Labour lied about raising taxes
Wait and see. They stated which ones they wont raise and from other comments it wont be corporation tax as well as those. They did state clearly that some taxes would be increased.

One area was mentioned briefly. A certain type of investor that gets taxation concessions but the results for the country are not beneficial in terms of real growth so why not tax them the same as the rest.

On the other hand the Tory changed things so that investment in a company is beneficial. Change that - i very much doubt it. Any other ideas to increase growth in the same way would be added. Labour has an interest in small to medium sized companies as that is what are domestic ones are. The big boys have an easier job raising funds for investments.

General politics who ever is in. They need to consider a globalised world and they fact that investors are needed. The question then is where does this investment money finish up. The Tory approach to getting it here has not worked so labour want to try another way.

And yes I do stand by the fact the IFS stated the real position about the finances because I trust them, well ahead of all politicians
Well at least get their statement correct - both parties aware of the problem. Also recollect that prior to the election the IFS had a view concerning who ever got in - withdrawn as soon as the financial details came out.

I'd also point out that the IFS is likely to be more noisy due to trying to compete with the OBR root to finances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back