I am so glad that Mrs Thatcher..............................

Funny to see lot's of people making similar points i've made, repeatedly, and snico still just doesn't discuss them.

I've only stated that the catalyst, the primary cause was Thatchers right to buy, which it was....other factors have not helped.

We'd have nearly all the same issues if right to buy never happened, which you slowly seem to be getting into your thick skull, who cares if a few % more get into social, twiddling round the margins and not dealing with the issues.

Council housing served it's role, the utter failure is that the private sector isn't able to replace it, mostly due to government meddling and nimbyism.

The failure isnt that we don't have enough council houses, the failure is that after nearly 100 years of social housing schemes, after the MASSIVE building schemes after the war, we still need to build more!

Are you really that dumb......we would have the same issues if RTB never happened because we have other factors in the equation now, that we didnt have in the 80's :confused:

RTB started it all, it was the cause that has now got out of control. You sell 1.5m, homes, you should replace them. Dont try and twist the argument now bringing in recent changes to society. You really thick aint you?

Sponsored Links
And the knock on effect is that people who used to get council houses are now having to rent in the private sector. One and a half million people are on housing benefit in the private rental sector, this is essentially a direct taxpayer subsidy to private landlords, and costs the taxpayer billions of pounds a year!!

This subsidy is one factor which has helped force up the price of properties to a level which means people on average wage cannot afford to buy. So they are forced to rent - and claim housing benefit to do so!!!

The previous government could have done something about this by setting the level of housing benefit low and forcing landlords to take it or leave it. Instead, p******g away other people's money like labour governments love to do, they let the market set the level of housing benefit and just stumped up the cash.

I dont accept anyone who is on benefits to rent any of my properties. More trouble than it is worth.

You have to have properties to rent first though :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wake up Snido
Today has been a good result for me regarding Justice .
Read my other post .
It's no big deal having a few properties to let out . I have been self emp for over 30 years- and self emp dont get pensions like coppers do.
Us self emp- have to make our own pension provisions .
I chose to buy properties. I took/sacrificed a little bit of the 'present' to ensure I would have a ok (nothing fantastic) living in the future.

At one time though many years ago- I did consider being a policeman--but- decided to make a honest living myself instead.
I couldn't get my head around wearing 'blue' every day - and decided M & S had better stuff-- even though I had to Pay for it .
Now- good buddy- please stop being Jealous-- I gave up a bit of my past- to ensure a ok living in the future.
Thanks To Maggie- property prices went up- 'I just love that lady'. :) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :) .

ps- you can bait me as much as you want- but - your brain isn't trained to think for yourself buddy . Nothing personal intended'.

snido?.....grow up, are you 12 years old?

Jealous?.....i'm very financially secure myself....in fact, I wont have an OK future, I will have a very comfortable one. Take it from me....you have nothing to make me jealous :LOL:

police pensions are good. well done . I'm pleased for you . :)

I have a very very small police pension, certainly not enough to live on alone.

And the knock on effect is that people who used to get council houses are now having to rent in the private sector. One and a half million people are on housing benefit in the private rental sector, this is essentially a direct taxpayer subsidy to private landlords, and costs the taxpayer billions of pounds a year!!

This subsidy is one factor which has helped force up the price of properties to a level which means people on average wage cannot afford to buy. So they are forced to rent - and claim housing benefit to do so!!!

The previous government could have done something about this by setting the level of housing benefit low and forcing landlords to take it or leave it. Instead, p******g away other people's money like labour governments love to do, they let the market set the level of housing benefit and just stumped up the cash.

I dont accept anyone who is on benefits to rent any of my properties. More trouble than it is worth.

Wake up Snido
Read my other post .
It's no big deal having a few properties to let out . I have been self emp for over 30 years- and self emp dont get pensions like coppers do.
I chose to buy properties. I took/sacrificed a little bit of the 'present' to ensure I would have a ok (nothing fantastic) living in the future.

At one time though many years ago- I did consider being a policeman--but- decided to make a honest living myself instead.
I couldn't get my head around wearing 'blue' every day - and decided M & S had better stuff-- even though I had to Pay for it .
Now- good buddy- please stop being Jealous-- I gave up a bit of my past- to ensure a ok living in the future.
Thanks To Maggie- property prices went up- 'I just love that lady'. :) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :) .

ps- you can bait me as much as you want- but - your brain isn't trained to think for yourself buddy . Nothing personal intended'.

Jealous?.....i'm very financially secure myself....in fact, I wont have an OK future, I will have a very comfortable one. Take it from me....you have nothing to make me jealous :LOL:

Well- make sure you keep your partner alive .
I know its a horrible though- but - have you thought about getting a job ?.
Have you got a 'company car' ? (disability vehicle - free car tax, insurance and close parking next to bargain booze ?) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wake up Snido
Read my other post .

Have you got a 'company car' ? (disability vehicle - free car tax, insurance and close parking next to bargain booze ?) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have a very well paid job, I have a company car, I get an annual bonus, I get to travel through work (S. Africa in Feb :D ) I also have an income from a second property.

Sponsored Links

Wake up Snido
Read my other post .

I have a very well paid job, I have a company car, I get an annual bonus, I get to travel through work (S. Africa in Feb :D ) I also have an income from a second property.

Stop quoting. :mrgreen:

Wake up Snido
Read my other post .

ok :eek:

Wake up Snido
Read my other post .

I mean NOW - not later.

Wake up Snido
Read my other post .

I mean NOW - not later.

Quit it the pair of ye :p

Dont try and twist the argument now bringing in recent changes to society.

WTF are you on, news flash, it's no longer 1980!

I think what is causing demand now is just a *tad* relevant.

And seeing as I mentioned this several times over several pages, you must be really slow to say "don't twist the argument now"

You really thick aint you?

*You* say the stock has been depleted by 1.5m (your figures not mine).

I show a rise in the number of single mothers and single occupants has given an approx 1.5m increase in demand.

Your response is f|cking hilarious in that context.

If you want to win the argument by restricting the allowable evidence to what happened in 1980, and ignore anything since then that has had an influence, well go ahead, declare victory.

Wake up Snido
Read my other post .

I mean NOW - not later.

Quit it the pair of ye :p

ok - you are right .

Dont try and twist the argument now bringing in recent changes to society.

WTF are you on, news flash, it's no longer 1980!

I think what is causing demand now is just a *tad* relevant.

And seeing as I mentioned this several times over several pages, you must be really slow to say "don't twist the argument now"

You really thick aint you?

*You* say the stock has been depleted by 1.5m (your figures not mine).

I show a rise in the number of single mothers and single occupants has given an approx 1.5m increase in demand.

Your response is f|cking hilarious in that context.

If you want to win the argument by restricting the allowable evidence to what happened in 1980, and ignore anything since then that has had an influence, well go ahead, declare victory.

The figure is about 1.7m actually, give and take a few....

https://assets.digital.cabinet-offi...attachment_data/file/12072/Table670_final.xls

But I guess government figures are not enough for you are they. oh, and I declared victory the minute you joined the thread....not exactly a challenge was it?

Snico, myself and others have made a whole host of points.

You address none of them, and now are arguing over 200k (a drop in the ocean for housing stock), desperate stuff.

You're like a copper who found a clue that pins the crime on someone, and refuses to look or discuss anything else, as long as someone gets charged, who cares about guilty.

I'll leave you to your fantasy that right to buy is the main cause for housing shortages, must be nice to live in a world where there isnt a massive rise in single mothers, and crippling housing costs in the private sector.

Snico, myself and others have made a whole host of points.

You address none of them, and now are arguing over 200k (a drop in the ocean for housing stock), desperate stuff.

You're like a copper who found a clue that pins the crime on someone, and refuses to look or discuss anything else, as long as someone gets charged, who cares about guilty.

I'll leave you to your fantasy that right to buy is the main cause for housing shortages, must be nice to live in a world where there isnt a massive rise in single mothers, and crippling housing costs in the private sector.

Well the current government have announced they are going to try a new RTB scheme....£75k discount :eek:

Will they invest the money made from the cheap sales, massively undervalued sale prices....will it be invested into building new homes, it hasnt in the past.

Lets see what this new scheme will bring us???????

Wake up Snido
Read my other post .

well said joe - this is getting like a Mr. Big contest in the school bogs :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

will it be invested into building new homes, it hasnt in the past.

Lets see what this new scheme will bring us???????

Listen numbnuts, they are Tories, conservatives.

A fundamental value of Tories is the ability or responsibility for us to help each other, not just rely on the bullying power of the state to provide solutions.

As I pointed out to you, the fact that after >100 years of council house building, we still have the same problems, and people still see council housing as the solution, THAT is the failure.

Council housing is a sticking plaster solution, that is the Tory view.

A fundamental value of labour is that the power of the state can be used to fix solutions, and indeed the state is the correct solution to most problems.

In this issue, I think you will find more people side with the Tory view than the labour view, you are blindly sticking to the labour view that not building council houses is the cause for housing shortage, ignoring that council housing is a an attempt to "fix" housing shortages, NOT THE CAUSE.

Get it yet?

Sponsored Links
Back