Inheritance tax ...

So the job isn't important but her looks are ?
No, her job is vitally important and should be valued. However if needing a financial boost, if one is good looking these days (or has something that can appeal to others) then avenues such as OnlyFans can be exploited to make more £££.

If anyone thinks carers are going to get a truly decent wage any time soon, under any party, they're deluded. Fair? No. Fact? Yes.

So, if possible, diversify.

Sponsored Links
No, her job is vitally important and should be valued. However if needing a financial boost, if one is good looking these days (or has something that can appeal to others) then avenues such as OnlyFans can be exploited to make more £££.

If anyone thinks carers are going to get a truly decent wage any time soon, under any party, they're deluded. Fair? No. Fact? Yes.

Ok. So she takes up the only fans for more income.

What about the other carers who can't or won't? The job isn't important enough to earn a decent wage?

Motorbiking doesn’t want carers to be paid more, he wants them to,leave and find a better paid job

So Motorbiking doesn’t want the U.K. to have careers, nurses, midwives, junior doctors, delivery drivers, teachers etc etc etc

and he doesn’t want foreigners to be allowed in to do the job.

So he wants whole sectors to collapse.

In conclusion saying: go and get a better paid job, is not a solution

Sponsored Links
I'll give you a typical example. Imagine a care worker who is a single parent with two children. She works 35 hours per week and takes home £1550 pcm. Her rent is £1000 pcm. Do you believe she has enough money to live on?

What about the benefits she can claim ? There must be some on top of CB

I believe that is what is being discussed. I joined part way through. But I think MBK was arguing that we don't need benefits, everyone should just get a higher paid job.

I believe that is what is being discussed. I joined part way through. But I think MBK was arguing that we don't need benefits, everyone should just get a higher paid job.

I’m not sure how this fits into the IHT discussion

I actually thought the suggestion that women should undertake sex work was a joke.
I fully appreciate the no. of people actually making big money on platforms like OF will be a minority, however if the stories are to be believed, some have got themselves out of debt and made a decent amount by flashing their bits to various degrees. Suppose the phrase 'sex work' is subjective.

You can have the moral debate, however who's right? The care worker making circa £20k a year or the care worker who's also doing OF and making another £20k over and above?

I fully appreciate the no. of people actually making big money on platforms like OF will be a minority, however if the stories are to be believed, some have got themselves out of debt and made a decent amount by flashing their bits to various degrees. Suppose the phrase 'sex work' is subjective.

You can have the moral debate, however who's right? The care worker making circa £20k a year or the care worker who's also doing OF and making another £20k over and above?

I am right. Anyone suggesting women should be forced into sex work has a major issue (of one sort or another).

I dont even think that questionn is worth time thinking about.

If an important job isn't enough to live on properly, then diverting is exactly what it is.

Motorbiking doesn’t want carers to be paid more, he wants them to,leave and find a better paid job

So Motorbiking doesn’t want the U.K. to have careers, nurses, midwives, junior doctors, delivery drivers, teachers etc etc etc

and he doesn’t want foreigners to be allowed in to do the job.

So he wants whole sectors to collapse.

In conclusion saying: go and get a better paid job, is not a solution
This all links back to the same stuff. If we collectively want everybody to have a truly decent wage, what will that cost? If we want the NHS to have minimal waiting times, for there to be enough social housing, no potholes, enough police to properly police the streets etc etc etc, what will all that cost?

Because there's only so many ways to slice the existing cake. If the above requires an additional x billion per year, where does it comes from?

To varying degrees all political parties skirt around this to ensure they secure votes. However, as long as we're not having a proper debate around the whole thing, nothing will change to any discernible degree.

The point was why should anybody doing a full time job not earn enough to live on without the need for benefits.

Those benefits are paid by our taxes, why not make the business pay enough to not need benefits as a subsidy to them

I dont even think that questionn is worth time thinking about.

If an important job isn't enough to live on properly, then diverting is exactly what it is.
Most jobs can be considered important in their own way. However some are lower paid, some higher. Do you want all the lower paid jobs to be higher paid and if yes, by how much and how do we pay for it?

Sponsored Links
Back