Inheritance tax ...

I know of plenty who have the acumen to find their own clients and who earn more. Yes

My dad was spending £70k a year on care for my mum and went direct. Everyone a winner except the agency.
Great.

So all those carers on minimum wage aren't needed? Everyone can afford £70k a year, plus inflation.

Sponsored Links
Shouldn't she just get a better job?

Oh, but then somebody else takes that job and is in the same position. Not really a proper answer is it.
but if the someone else doesn't have 2 kids, lives in a one bed flat where the rent is 600 PCM, all of a sudden it doesn't seem unreasonable.

but if the someone else doesn't have 2 kids, lives in a one bed flat where the rent is 600 PCM, all of a sudden it doesn't seem unreasonable.
Great.

So all carers need to be childless and live in a 600 pm flat.

Easy job description at least

Sponsored Links
lol, there are lots of men and women on sites like Insta raking it in by showing a bit of flesh, they are not selling sex.

When do you return to the 1950s?
What are they selling if its not sex ?

I'm not bothered if sex is sold, willingly.

But not just to support a full time essential job

Great.

So all carers need to be childless and live in a 600 pm flat.

Easy job description at least
No, not all carers need to be childless and live in a £600 pcm flat. There are loads of other circumstances where that wage would be perfectly acceptable and liveable on.

However, why should the state subsidise those who chose a lifestyle that their income doesn't support? The state should be there as a safety net, not as a subsidiser of those who don't earn enough for their lifestyle.

What should the minimum wage for carers be set at?
Who has mentioned minimum wage ?

The argument is. What EXACTLY is wrong with a decent wage for a decent weeks work.

Decent, means enough to live on decently. Just raising minimum wage achieves nothing.

But feel free to answer the specific question

Who has mentioned minimum wage ?

The argument is. What EXACTLY is wrong with a decent wage for a decent weeks work.

Decent, means enough to live on decently. Just raising minimum wage achieves nothing.

But feel free to answer the specific question
Ok, so what would a decent wage be for carers?

No, not all carers need to be childless and live in a £600 pcm flat. There are loads of other circumstances where that wage would be perfectly acceptable and liveable on.

However, why should the state subsidise those who chose a lifestyle that their income doesn't support? The state should be there as a safety net, not as a subsidiser of those who don't earn enough for their lifestyle.
Yes, why should a wage need to be topped up unless the government decides its not enough to live on ?

The problem with made up examples is you have to make up the situation. But let’s see what we can come up with.

What is her hourly rate?
What is the situation with the dad?
Does she have any other work experience?
Any qualifications?

I don't need made up situations. I have a real life example.

£11.44
Does not receive any child support
Cleaner
No

Maybe the man (or woman) who lives a few doors down from you is struggling to make ends meet.

They sweep the streets for a salary of £23k pa. It's not enough for them.

So do we up their salary to £30k pa? £35k? £40k?

And if we do that for them, what about the folk earning a bit more for jobs a bit more complex/involved? Do we up their salary also?

The economics of all this would be interesting ...

Maybe the man (or woman) who lives a few doors down from you is struggling to make ends meet.

And if we do that for them, what about the folk earning a bit more for jobs a bit more complex/involved? Do we up their salary also?

I think we use benefits instead.

What. EXACTLY is wrong with a decent wage, for a decent weeks work?

It's been done before you know. It's not impossible

But feel free to avoid the question

Sponsored Links
Back