Inheritance tax ...

This all links back to the same stuff. If we collectively want everybody to have a truly decent wage, what will that cost? If we want the NHS to have minimal waiting times, for there to be enough social housing, no potholes, enough police to properly police the streets etc etc etc, what will all that cost?

Because there's only so many ways to slice the existing cake. If the above requires an additional x billion per year, where does it comes from?

To varying degrees all political parties skirt around this to ensure they secure votes. However, as long as we're not having a proper debate around the whole thing, nothing will change to any discernible degree.
We are not having a proper debate if you are suggesting that selling a body sexually is a correct answer.

If somebody wants to do that through pure choice, fair enough. But to live on? You need to think it through a bit.

Sponsored Links
Most jobs can be considered important in their own way. However some are lower paid, some higher. Do you want all the lower paid jobs to be higher paid and if yes, by how much and how do we pay for it?
No

I support a decent wage for a decent weeks work.

What, EXACTLY, is wrong with that ?

You seem to be suggesting that taxpayers should subsidise lower paid workers

I'll give you a typical example. Imagine a care worker who is a single parent with two children. She works 35 hours per week and takes home £1550 pcm. Her rent is £1000 pcm. Do you believe she has enough money to live on?
The problem with made up examples is you have to make up the situation. But let’s see what we can come up with.

What is her hourly rate?
What is the situation with the dad?
Does she have any other work experience?
Any qualifications?

Sponsored Links
The problem with made up examples is you have to make up the situation. But let’s see what we can come up with.

What is her hourly rate?
What is the situation with the dad?
Do you know of many care work jobs paying over minimum wage?

Maybe the dad is on a zero hours contract.

Think she is the only 1 in that position?

We are not having a proper debate if you are suggesting that selling a body sexually is a correct answer.

If somebody wants to do that through pure choice, fair enough. But to live on? You need to think it through a bit.
Are you naïve?

Are you blinkered?

Rightly or wrongly, many people use these platforms to boost their income.

It can be argued 'who's the fool?' The girl doing the morally right job for £20k pa, or the girl doing the (perceived by some to be) immoral job for two three four times as much?

To assert more risque jobs can't be a career option/choice is ridiculous.

It's you that needs to think it through a bit ;) unless you think all such jobs should be banned?

I know of plenty who have the acumen to find their own clients and who earn more. Yes

My dad was spending £70k a year on care for my mum and went direct. Everyone a winner except the agency.

The point was why should anybody doing a full time job not earn enough to live on without the need for benefits.

Those benefits are paid by our taxes, why not make the business pay enough to not need benefits as a subsidy to them

Ask Labour. They pushed tax credits and the rest is history

Are you naïve?

Are you blinkered?

Rightly or wrongly, many people use these platforms to boost their income.

It can be argued 'who's the fool?' The girl doing the morally right job for £20k pa, or the girl doing the (perceived by some to be) immoral job for two three four times as much?

To assert more risque jobs can't be a career option/choice is ridiculous.

It's you that needs to think it through a bit ;) unless you think all such jobs should be banned?
I'm naive for thinking that selling a body sexually shouldn't be essential in modern society?

Ok

Sponsored Links
Back