Keith Bennett

I agree with you in principle (make him suffer), but your way has allowed this b*llocks to continue for four decades. It's too late mate.

Forty years of comfort.

It's the system we've got. It's certainly not my way, I would have seen him tortured until he begged to give whatever information he had.

Sponsored Links
RIP Winnie.

The other ba$tard should be kept alive on bare minimum rations and forced to talk.
The other one is dead.

Thousands of these nonces get convicted and released these days, only to go on to re-offend. It's happening under our noses, and the appropriate society saving punishment, is no longer allowed to be given.
I blame soft society for that.
A hell of a lot was made of the Brady/Hindley case. But in my opinion there has been worse in later years, with far less consequences.
Sydney Cooke, Lesley Bailey gang ??? Disgusting nonces.

These people should not be entered into a sham of a rehabilitation program.

Put 'em to death.

I agree with you in principle (make him suffer), but your way has allowed this b*llocks to continue for four decades. It's too late mate.

Forty years of comfort.

It's the system we've got. It's certainly not my way, I would have seen him tortured until he begged to give whatever information he had.

Uproar on this very site at the suggestion that the Bulger killers should be hanged.
I was right.
One of them animals went on to re-offend.
Dangerous people. Get rid of them.

Decent society has got to toughen up sooey.

Get rid of them, yes. Put them away. If they get out, they are released under conditions.

If they reoffend, they get put back in the slammer for good.

But killing them, torturing them?

No.

I am shocked that some of you here are pro-torture.

They and their offences may be evil, but do we respond with an equally barbaric act?

No.

We are a civilised society.

If we do these things to people we are no better than all those countries and regimes that do the same.

Sponsored Links
Get rid of them, yes. Put them away. If they get out, they are released under conditions.

If they reoffend, they get put back in the slammer for good.

So, God forbid the second offence was against one of your children, You'd feel the same way about release into the community.

Think about it.

So, God forbid the second offence was against one of your children, You'd feel the same way about release into the community.

I have thought about your statement. Of course, an offence against my children is unthinkable. But whatever, I would not suddenly want to have the offender tortured or killed.

Now, I know exactly the kind of thing you will say in reply, so don't bother.

In my eyes people lose their human rights when they perpetrate certain acts.
If torturing Brady would have led to the finding of that childs body and given his poor mother some consolation before she died then why not?

In my eyes people lose their human rights when they perpetrate certain acts.

You've hit the nail on the head.

It HAS to be all about taking responsibility for your actions.

And thus, appropriate punishment.

Good Lord, listen to yourselves!

You sit there all high and mighty thinking you have the moral upper hand whereas in reality, you are just as bad as the likes of Brady!

You should be ashamed of yourselves!

And LMB, I can't believe you have the nerve to tell me that I would make a complete U-turn on one of my staunchest beliefs!

If anything happened, of course I would be utterly devastated. But I would not want an eye for an eye or be in favour of torture...absolutely NOT!

Nicely edited LMB. ;)

:rolleyes: i truly believe, unless you are actually faced with that situation....................some monster has raped and murdered your small child.........that you cant really say what you would feel for the perpetrator.

You sit there all high and mighty thinking you have the moral upper hand whereas in reality, you are just as bad as the likes of Brady!

That's half your problem pal, you think in terms of morals. I don't give a toss about morals, I care about what is right. In Brady's case it would have been perfectly right to torture the information out of him if he had it to tell.
If you are too sqeamish to do it look away while somebody with some balls does it. :rolleyes:

that ex police chappy Stalker was on the radio saying that Brady would be enjoying the publicity.......knowing that he knows something everyone else doesnt..............and that he expected him to say a place where Keith was buried, just to see the dig on the telly, knowing it wasnt true.

:rolleyes: i truly believe, unless you are actually faced with that situation....................some monster has raped and murdered your small child.........that you cant really say what you would feel for the perpetrator.

Quite right. I would not be having nice thoughts.

But it's a huge step from that to wishing he could be dead or thoughts of torture.

Sponsored Links
Back