Looking after our health

Sponsored Links
Took up running in the November lockdown.. went from running 3-5km in the first week, upped to 10k in week 2 and set a challenge of a half marathon within 4 weeks. I'm pretty cardio fit and lift weights but I'm no runner. Anyway as it happens its not good to try to run a half marathon in 4 weeks :D, so I picked up a few injuries. But those are fine now and I can happily run 10-12k without much gyp. I'm not fast 6'/km, but quite enjoy it. I go with a friend most days so it takes our mind off the boredom of running. Helped me drop a few Covid kgs that I'd been unable to shift since lockdown 1.

My nick name was Sledge!

Get pulled by old dogs! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The over 30's club was fantastic when I was in my early 20's, all the women were divorced or widows! (y)

Andy

Sponsored Links
first thing they want to do in this country is chuck you on all sorts of medication and watch you get fatter. And the generally fat lazy population are quite happy to do so.

I dont like diets... they are miserable ways of keeping slim..

Eating low Gi is a way of life. Its simply choosing let's say;
  • Sourdough instead of brown or white bread.
  • Sweet or new potatoes instead of big baked potatoes.
  • Wholegrain Basmati rice instead of Jasmine or white Basmati rice.
  • Bananas not soft
  • Avocados
  • Not too much Berry fruits.
  • Not to much juiced fruit.
Good thing about low Gi is you can still eat well.

My nick name was Sledge!

Get pulled by old dogs! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The over 30's club was fantastic when I was in my early 20's, all the women were divorced or widows! (y)

Andy

Have you been to the King Harold's head down the Crooked Mile?

There one of the owners is cunning Daniel Craig look alike...
He's Greek so the May have been some Adriatic crossing before you were born. Check him out

Sponsored Links
Back