Major disorder in Leeds

Sponsored Links
The simple reason why our prison system is failing is the politicisation of sentences to suit the whims of the tory right and the right wing media. We now have more than 35,000 people in prison for simple burglary ( non aggravated - without violence), minor drug offences, shoplifting, minor theft ( less than £500) of which we have over 270 women for nicking electricity.... Which is more than those in prison for serious crimes - murder, rape, sexual crimes, robbery, organised crime etc.

Currently we have 2800 people serving indeterminate sentences who would have been released by now for their crimes and a further 1800 subject to ongoing appeals over unsafe convictions.. who cannot be released until their case is reviewed meaning that they are effectively being held beyond their original sentence.

We could just sort that mess out...

Sponsored Links
Its not me who is struggling...

you asked a question

I gave you 3 other options as well as the carry on with the previous approach.

So the answer is yes.
You should take your head out of the clouds and actually understand what they were given.

Action was an emergency. Why ?

Why are you struggling? Nobody sensible thought it would be sensible to carry on as the Tories were doing. Are you one of those that thought that's what should have happened.

You cannot sort anything if you don't actually understand the situation and act accordingly.

The real issue is why were they in the position that they had to act immediately.

You really can't pretend you don't know how bad the situation was. You seem to be trying to.

Why are you struggling? Nobody sensible thought it would be sensible to carry on as the Tories were doing.
But that is exactly what they are doing - regarding prisons. i.e. let them out early.

Hopefully they will keep inflation down, unemployment down and the economy outperforming .. like their predecessors

were the Tories letting prisoners out early? yes, Is labour doing the same? yes.

14 years of chaos to fix, we here them cry, hopefully they wont do too much damage. Carry on as usual seems like a good start.

like their predecessors
In terms of productivity you must be joking.

Meanwhile Labour's train our own kicks off. A long term policy so no immediate results. My understanding is that this relates to all job functions that are needed not just higher tech ones. Wish them luck with fruit pickers but what solution can be 100% effective.

training home grown talent is a great plan. Hopefully, the high value jobs wont have gone overseas in the meantime, due to less flexible employment rights. You get, that, that hits productivity right?

I also like Starmer's plan to clear out some of the Lords.

But that is exactly what they are doing - regarding prisons. i.e. let them out early.

Hopefully they will keep inflation down, unemployment down and the economy outperforming .. like their predecessors
What is it you don't understand?

The prison system was on the eve of collapse. Literally days away.

The new Government was forced to take drastic action to regain control. Are you saying the Tories had it under control after how many years?

Labour will no doubt get many things wrong given time. But, give it time. This is a Tory mess.

Sponsored Links
Back