Mega Flo vs Thermal store

As a cheap nautral point in a system with several system heat sources they have there place. But that's about it!!

I think you meant neutral. UFH makers use them and they only use one heat source. I suggest you contact one of the makers and get them to give you the low-down on them. Nu-Heat have a stainless pressurized version. It does not need a plumber with a pressurized certificate to fit. They have not experienced any sludge in their thermal stores, even those with rad loops off them.

Listen WS, you're still peddling your same old p.sh, no self-respecting installer is going to install a sludge buckets, we've been installing UFH for 20 years and rarely use a TS or HB. They just fail or fill with sludge. As for a recommendation or specification I'd not quote these chancers at Nu-Heat, they're all used car salesmen & like you, full of sh.te!! Just get back into your bed fella & the nurse will be along with your medication very soon.

Sponsored Links
Beginning to look like a reincarnation of they two/same wallopers.

What is this one babbling about. :!: :?: :!: :!:

Indus complained that many cowboys went to his house and could not understand something so simple, a basic thermal store. You, and others here, fall into this walk in and walk out category. I find this very disappointing. Are you guys the sort who just picked it up and not being trained? A trained plumber would know thermal storage and all of its advantages.

This from a member that didn't know what PTFE was a couple of days ago!!!
You're a tw.t Water Systems!!............ :LOL: :LOL:

is open it every few years and get rid of it.
I doubt it would work - you'd need to stir it up, otherwise you'd just drain a little hole and leave the rest in situ.

How about attaching a main pressure hose to the sludge cock and open up. This would stir up the sludge. Disconnect the hose and allow the sludge to run away. The main connection could be at a different point to the sludge cock.

Beginning to look like a reincarnation of they two/same wallopers.

What is this one babbling about. :!: :?: :!: :!:

Indus complained that many cowboys went to his house and could not understand something so simple, a basic thermal store. You, and others here, fall into this walk in and walk out category. I find this very disappointing. Are you guys the sort who just picked it up and not being trained? A trained plumber would know thermal storage and all of its advantages.

This from a member that didn't know what PTFE was a couple of days ago!!!
You're a tw.t Water Systems!!............ :LOL: :LOL:

There are some barking mad ones here. It was not me who never knew about liquid PTFE, it was Agile.
:!: :!: :?: :?: :idea:

Sponsored Links
As a cheap nautral point in a system with several system heat sources they have there place. But that's about it!!

I think you meant neutral. UFH makers use them and they only use one heat source. I suggest you contact one of the makers and get them to give you the low-down on them. Nu-Heat have a stainless pressurized version. It does not need a plumber with a pressurized certificate to fit. They have not experienced any sludge in their thermal stores, even those with rad loops off them.

Listen WS, you're still peddling your same old p.sh, no self-respecting installer is going to install a sludge buckets, we've been installing UFH for 20 years and rarely use a TS or HB. They just fail or fill with sludge. As for a recommendation or specification I'd not quote these chancers at Nu-Heat, they're all used car salesmen & like you, full of sh.te!! Just get back into your bed fella & the nurse will be along with your medication very soon.

Who or what is WS? Ah don't bother. Personally I don't believe a word you wrote. Two guys here would call you a cowboy to your face. I am one. I wouldn't let you near my house.

It is clear this shambolic does not understand a part of his trade. I find this amazing.
Why amazing ? It's well established that a large proportion of plumbers really don't understand anything beyond a combi or open-vent DHW cylinder. It's clear from their attitudes that some on this thread are not prepared to consider them (or prepared to try and understand them) - which of course means they are not equipped to properly advice their customers on what may be best for any particular situation. I'd accept that they are probably not the right answer for the majority of installations, but that's no excuse for not knowing enough to spot where they might be the best answer.
They just fail or fill with sludge.
And where does the sludge come from ?
Where does it normally end up when there isn't a large tank to let it settle out ?
Where there is a large tank to settle it out, is it the fault of the tank that other parts of the system are busy rusting themselves into it ?

This is getting a little tedious.

However, a lot of HB/TS's have an immersion heater boss at low level. that can be used to access the sludge if needed.

Have to say though - it is amazing what you can pick up from google these days.

It is clear this shambolic does not understand a part of his trade. I find this amazing.
Why amazing ? It's well established that a large proportion of plumbers really don't understand anything beyond a combi or open-vent DHW cylinder. It's clear from their attitudes that some on this thread are not prepared to consider them (or prepared to try and understand them) - which of course means they are not equipped to properly advice their customers on what may be best for any particular situation. I'd accept that they are probably not the right answer for the majority of installations, but that's no excuse for not knowing enough to spot where they might be the best answer.
They just fail or fill with sludge.
And where does the sludge come from ?
Where does it normally end up when there isn't a large tank to let it settle out ?
Where there is a large tank to settle it out, is it the fault of the tank that other parts of the system are busy rusting themselves into it ?

Let me try to explain to you hard of thinking sludge bucket fans, the sludge is not just rust tw.ts, do you know what water contains?? Add an extra 200Ltrs + to a system what happens?? Think about it, thick cnts.
Plumbers don't like them because we come across them all the time, we have the experience, you don't. There's no experienced Plumber or Heating Engineer on here, or on any other forum, that would fit them out of choice.

Oh in theory they're great, but like most things in our industry, they're designed by morons & fail in service.

I fitted a thermal store a couple months ago Gledhill version , fitted to a new baxi back boiler ! was not my idea all speced by the owners son !

Personally I would not have fitted either , it will probably all go t*t's up but there u go !!

Incidentally the boiler is very rarely condensing mode !

I chose one. I have a big one. It is connected to radiators. It doesn't have much sludge in it.

Where does all this sludge come from? A poorly installed/treated system.

Two guys here would call you a cowboy to your face. I am one.
Aye, is that right.

Think again Dicky...

Let's put it another way. What causes sludge to form? It is not in[/i] the water. It comes from somewhere and is transferred to the settlement area (whatever it may be on a system) by the water. The water also plays a part in the forming of the sludge.

So... Where/what is this "somewhere"? Sludge is a bad thing regardless of where it settles, and surely a known, single settlement area that is relatively easily clean is better than a dozen rads that need flushing or removing and flushing.

Come on fella - you know better than that.

No bother jonas ya bawbag.
Firstly did you read my post on the problems caused by these monstrosities fitted in Scotland and what leading chemists and sentinel engineers tried to to do and failed.
You obviously did not
Secondly the picture of the plastic pipe was from customers house in elderslie that called me out for low pressure and L9 fault on her Isar.
I turned on filling loop and heard water running under floor.
I advised her to get floors lift as I suspected the plastic was damaged( there was a rodent problem when the houses were being built) and he partner had said his golf club covers had been eaten in the cupboard. We only cover the boiler under warranty but I went back 3 days later after she had the leaks repaired and she showed me the plpes. I took photo to show my boss as it was a bit unusual.
I don't own an angle grinder, and I'm not on here spouting pish every day or setting up my threads for email reminders when someone replies so I never noticed any comments on the pictures.
And here they are again ya cock socket

93765856.jpg

Some angle grinde to do that?!?!
Keep up the good work your a boring basturd

Think again Dicky...

Let's put it another way. What causes sludge to form? It is not in[/i] the water. It comes from somewhere and is transferred to the settlement area (whatever it may be on a system) by the water. The water also plays a part in the forming of the sludge.

So... Where/what is this "somewhere"? Sludge is a bad thing regardless of where it settles, and surely a known, single settlement area that is relatively easily clean is better than a dozen rads that need flushing or removing and flushing.

Come on fella - you know better than that.

But in these Albion units it isn't easy to clean and also starts to sludge up primaries and primary pump. I've opened up grundfos pumps and there are actually cracking formations of the water flow built up in sludge in 6 month old systems. And yes they were probable not inhibited right on instal but the cataclysmic failure of them in such a short space of time is woeful.
Ps thanks to you all on here thinking I know nothing about my job after 22 years.
Another simple thing on ye Albion pish, the fecking plastic ball valves melt due to too much heat in the cylinder so it starts to pour out the warning pipe resulting in new roughcast at the cost of thousands of pounds. The two sites I spoke of earlier has cost Albion, a developer and a manufacturer nearly a million quid to try to sort and it's still not right. I've seen in and been involved at the sharp end of the ****e that is a thermal store!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back